|Alistair Group Tanzania|
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Opportunities at Alistair Group 2021
💥CHECK ALL UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES SELECTIONS 2020/21, CLICK HERE!💥
💥CHECK UPDATES ZOTE ZA UDAHILI WA VYUO 2021/22. CLICK HERE!💥
- Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Mid Level
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Position: Clearing & Forwarding Declaration Officer (Tanzania)
Reporting to:- Head of Clearing & Forwarding
Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
versatile problem solver who likes to work with clients, internal and
external, to make their lives easier and their businesses more
What makes you the right person for this role?
Our values resonate with you – Humility, Honesty, Continual Improvement, Customer Focus & Safety.
enjoy working in an agile team and have the ability to work
independently, take initiative and ownership on projects. You are
solutions-oriented and keen to build a world-class solution offering the
best possible customer experience
- Diploma/ Degree in Clearing and Forwarding or any related.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Clearing & Forwarding industry, framing entries, border clearing and transit goods.
- Comprehensive HS code knowledge and a high degree of accuracy in identifying and using the correct ones.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to
imports, exports and transit goods for air, sea and road freight cargo.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Needs to have an excellent knowledge of Inco-terms
- Fluent English ( Kiswahili advantageous but not essential)
- To work as part of a team in the clearing & forwarding department and function as a Declaration Officer.
4. Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- Responsible to ensure that export/import documents are in place before clearance
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
the management on correct and most preferred course of action to
overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignment
- Ensure correct use of South African and Tanzania Revenue Authority Tariffs
that correct values are used during declaration and other related
procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION