|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC) 2021
💥CHECK ALL UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES SELECTIONS 2020/21, CLICK HERE!💥
💥CHECK UPDATES ZOTE ZA UDAHILI WA VYUO 2021/22. CLICK HERE!💥
Shelter Technical Assistant Tanzania Nduta
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 3091
Job Category Engineering
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
the shelter officer in formulation of project work plans and provide
quality and timely reports to the officer on projects progress.
- Supervise and monitor construction of shelters,roads and building facilities at school,police and distribution centres.
construction materials from the warehouse in a timely manner,
supervise and monitor distribution of construction materials to the
- Monitor and ensure proper usage of the construction materials, assets and tools.
effective implementation of all construction activities which includes
supervision and monitoring of building facilities and roads for service
delivery, emergency and transitional shelters for camp consolidation.
- Preparation of bill of quantities as requested from time to time.
- Recruit, train and manage incentive workers (community mobilizers, quality monitors, construction workers).
- Supervise and develop the capacity of refugee community workers implementing shelter construction activities.
account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other
important cross-cutting concerns in programme design, implementation,
and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of
specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups,
children, and people with disabilities.
- Take part in general assessments, upon request
- Degree/Diploma in Civil engineering, or relevant practical experience. Possibly experience in humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in supervision of buildings construction.
- Knowledge of Kirundi
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc.)
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Position: Shelter Assistant
Duty station: Mtendeli, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 3months
with possibility of extension subject to funding availability should
there be any concern please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org and
The Norwegian Refugee
Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people
forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing
emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP,
our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local
ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC
also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a
global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within
their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in
or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host
to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very
seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but
will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members
who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an
medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a
Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no
relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC
reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and
peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s
lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and
international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts
contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address
challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative
approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Apply Before 09/15/2021, 10:22 AM