🔍 Africa, Tanzania, United Republic of
Position: Program Manager
The Program Manager will provide technical
and managerial support on project implementation aspects of the Act to
End NTDs | East Tanzania program.
The Program Manager will support
the Chief of Party (COP) in all programmatic deliverables of the
project. Alongside the COP, they will be responsible for guiding and
mentoring the NTD team at the Ministry of Health, Community Development,
Gender, Elderly and Children (MoH) where and when needed. They will
work closely with the COP, Senior Finance & Grants Manager, and
MERLA Officer. This person will supervise the Program Officer, MERLA
Officer, and Program Assistant. The Program Manager will report directly
to the COP.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
The position is based in Dar es Salaam.
- Support the COP in all program management aspects of the project
the COP, be responsible for the overall implementation of RTI Tanzania
NTD projects in collaboration with MoH, Regional NTD Coordinators,
District NTD Coordinators, and other NTD partners
- Provide technical assistance to the MoH, regions, districts, and grantees in Act | East
- Travel to regions, districts, and project sites for supportive supervision and other technical assistance for major activities
- Coordinate and ensure the completion of annual work plans, semi-annual reports, monthly updates, etc. with the RTI Tanzania team
oversight to procurement activities including tracking communication
and documentation between RTI Tanzania, the MoH, USAID/Tanzania, and RTI
- Track and report on programmatic deliverables in coordination with budget forecasting and workplan timeline
- Produce technical and/or operational journal articles, report deliverables, updates, and project success stories
- Represent RTI when asked by the COP in NTD technical working group at MoH and elsewhere
- Supervise NTD project officers and technical advisors
- Respond to the HQ team when requested
- Other duties as assigned by COP
Minimum Required Education and Experience
degree and 10 years of experience, Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of
experience in public health or other relevant discipline with at least 6
years’ progressive experience in implementing and leading technical and
- Ample experience in all aspects of program
management: planning, organizing data management, implementing,
budgeting and monitoring and evaluation with analytical skills
- Experience working with MoH officials, donor organizations, NGOs, and other agencies
- Knowledge of supply chain management, drug logistics and distribution issues
- Demonstrated experience in working with USAID-funded projects
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and within matrix project and program teams
- Fluent in English and Swahili and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong influencing and coaching skills
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
- Demonstrates commitment to RTI’s mission, vision, and values
- Willingness to travel within Tanzania up to 30% and internationally when necessary
a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity,
inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets
where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture,
background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability,
veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable
discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. Further information is available here.
Ethics Notice: No
one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for
anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for
applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment).
If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially
to RTI’s Ethics office at HRethics@rti.org. Any payment made will
disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use
the HRethics@rti.org email address to report ethics concerns; any job
applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated
to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer
questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one
that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences,
engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of
science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for
the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For
more information, visit www.rti.org.