in Tanzania 2021: New Job Opportunities at The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) 2021
💥CHECK ALL UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES SELECTIONS 2020/21, CLICK HERE!💥
💥CHECK UPDATES ZOTE ZA UDAHILI WA VYUO 2021/22. CLICK HERE!💥
TANZANIA CENTRE FOR DEMOCRACY
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: TCD Summit via TCD Chairperson
Country: United Republic of Tanzania (Both Mainland and Zanzibar)
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
About Tanzania Centre for Democracy
Centre for Democracy is a non-partisan, non-religious and non for
profit political parties’ membership organization founded by five
political parties with representative from the parliament of the United
Republic of Tanzania namely Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo CHADEMA,
Chama cha Mapinduzi CCM, Chama Cha Wananchi -CUF, Tanzania Labour Party
(TLP) and United Democratic party (UDP).
TCD serves as the forum
for dialogue, among political parties on issues of national importance
including Democracy, Rule of Law aimed at promoting, strengthening and
sustaining multiparty democracy in Tanzania. The member political
parties therefore, cooperate with view of enhancing and deepening
multiparty democracy by working together through dialogues, mutual
consultations and implementing agenda for democratic National
TCD has entered into partnership with Legal and
Human Rights Centre to undertake the project Titled Strengthening
Tanzania Centre for Democracy in delivering its mandate in working
through an inclusive democratic and political system in Tanzania. For
this purpose, Legal and Human Rights Centre on behalf of Tanzania Centre
for Democracy is recruiting TCD Chief Executive Officer.
an equal employer and does not discriminate or engage in activities
that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment
based on race, colour, religion, sex, ethnicity, age, marital status,
disability, or any other status or characteristic protected under
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
TCD Chief Executive Officer Job Description.
- Provide overall conceptual and strategic leadership of the TCD.
- Direct and manage the organisation of professional and support staff.
- Coordinate the establishment of TCD strategies and policies for effective delivery of the organisation’s mandate.
the implementation of TCD work plan to ensure that all planned
activities are carried out to achieve organisational goals and
- Conduct official correspondence for the organisation and sign off legal documents as and when need arises.
- Oversee the monitoring of organisational budgets to ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
actively for funding from diverse partners and donors through
partnerships and networks to achieve TCD strategic objectives.
programs in liaison with the Programs Directors to ensure that the
programs meet the targets and deliverables outlined in the Strategic
Plan, donor agreements and satisfies other program commitments. Develop a
respectful and professional working relationship with key sub-grantees
and other partners to ensure smooth flow of program activities and
- Act as focal point of contact with donors and develop a
respectful and professional relationship with them to ensure smooth
flow of program activities and goodwill.
- Act a TCD
representative in national and international forums as required to
provide necessary input on core issues in the industry and develop
- Act as an interface between the board and staff to
inform staff on Board directives and advise the Board accordingly on
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of TCD employees.
monthly/quarterly/annually to the Board on various matters of the
organization and to follow up on the implementation of directives given.
- Conduct performance reviews with the staff as per the Performance Management guidelines and in a timely manner each year.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
degree in Law (LLM), Political Science, Public Administration,
Economics, or any other related field from a recognized institution.
minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience in the
related field, including 5 years in the senior management position.
and understanding of national, regional and international human rights
laws and charters Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management that
include donors and government institutions.
experience in delivering strategies for donor funded institutions
similar to TCD Evidence in leading the development and implementation of
budgets to actualize organizational objectives Evidence of leading
research and publication in recognized peer reviewed journals Proven
experience in managing staff
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and Fluent in Kiswahili Display of highest standard of ethical conduct
- Strong understanding of the international development context and experience in the international development sector.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- Ability to anticipate changes to inform policy development and implementation
- Ability to proactively take actions and make strategic decisions
- Ability to communicate with external bodies clearly and concisely
- Ability to build opportunities for value added relationships
- Ability to apply a high level of influential strategy
- Ability to drive change at a strategic and operational level
- Experience working with cross cultural teams
- Ability to maintain direction despite risk of conflict
- Ability to encourage a friendly working environment which allows career development
Method of Application
Mode of application: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 17th September, 2021.