Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Specialist for the Energy and Climate Change portfolio, and the overall supervision of the Lead, Environment, Climate Change and Resilience Pillar, the International UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in implementing UNDP programmes and projects in the areas of climate change and environment.
- Support effective management of the UNDP programme and projects within the Climate Change and environment – with special focus on blue economy as the country office is building its portfolio in this space.
- Pillar management focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the UNDP programme and projects.
- Assist in preparing project proposals for resource mobilization for project implementation.
- Participate in coordination meetings relating to climate change and environment activities and initiatives.
- Assist with knowledge building and management contributing to relevant knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Educational additional comments
A bachelors degree in the areas of Environment and or Climate Change is desired.
- 24 Months
- Experience remark
- Atleast two years of practical work experience is desired but not mandatory, however the UNV is expected to have reasonable expertise in the areas of environment and climate change governance with specialized focus on institutional framework, policy setting, governance, capacity building at various levels, partnerships and resource mobilization to support implementation of various projects and programmes.
English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Other energy, environment and climate change related experience
Area of expertise details
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
This assignment is reserved for a person with disabilities and only candidates with disabilities are eligible to apply for this position. If shortlisted for this assignment, you will be asked for a copy of an official document confirming that you have a disability from a general practitioner, or from an organization of persons with disabilities.
Reasonable Accommodation The UN system wishes to create an inclusive workplace and commits to taking appropriate measures to enable persons with disabilities to access and benefit equally from employment and other engagement opportunities such as volunteering, by providing reasonable accommodation. In this context, “reasonable accommodation” means necessary and appropriate modification and adjustments not imposing a disproportionate or undue burden, where needed in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms.(Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Article 2) UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging their own housing and other living essentials.
National UN Volunteers are part of a health insurance plan. National UN Specialist Volunteers in Tanzania receive approximately USD 883 as Monthly Living Allowance. Applicable dependents (primary family unit, up to 3) will be eligible for health insurance.
For more information about UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements, please refer to the following: https://www.unv.org/volunteer-your-country-conditions-service https://vmam.unv.org/calculator/entitlements
Application procedure Please use the ‘Apply’ button below.
You can then either log in and update your UNV profile if you already have a VMAM account, or register via the ‘Candidate Signup’ link on the VMAM homepage. After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile including contact details and two references and submit it. Incomplete profiles shall not be considered.
Important: On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability. Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, you are invited to indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile. In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly write an email to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 19 September 2021