Do you want to be responsible for the growth of a highly profitable business? Do you have experience running a team in Freight Forwarding and have what it takes to take on the top role?
We are looking for a strong leader (not a manager), someone who solves problems and is comfortable working with and solving problems with clients as well. We are constantly learning and evolving like to work with people with a similar growth mindset.
If this sounds like you, please have a look at the description below, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences and how you brought innovation and growth to a business
Role reports to – MD & Directors
Lead & coordinate a team of 23 people – recruit, performance manage & take responsibility for
Vet & manage subcontractors (clearing agents, air and sea carriers, local distribution road transporters)
Develop systems with our internal technology team and improve on or create new processes
Providing a single point of contact between the F+C team and the Road Freight team during times of stress in the supply chain
To be successful in this role you would have:-
- Post Graduate Education in business management or a similar field of study
- This is a fast-moving and volatile environment, and a cool head is a distinct advantage
- IT Literate, specifically on all MS Office applications and data management systems
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent customer management skills
- Strong initiative and problem-solving techniques
- Strong leadership and influencing Skills
- Hours – Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
Alistair Group is a fast-growing company offering Logistics solutions in Eastern and Southern Africa, growing from 2 to 400 trucks in only 13 years with a vision ‘To be known as the company that makes Africa work better.