The Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga (ESIS) invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts;
Title of the Post: Tutors (4 Posts)
Duty station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Terms of Service: Two (2) years contract renewable
Tutoring serves institute students by assisting with academic success strategies. The primary responsibilities of a tutor are to support students (tutees) to become more independent learners, persist in college, and reach their goals.
Duties and responsibilities
• Carries out lectures, conduct seminars, tutorials and practical for diploma and certificate students.
• To sets, invigilates and marks certificate and diploma examinations
• Mentoring junior staff in relevant field
• Participates/ contributes in curriculum development
• Conducts research and publishes or disseminate results
• Carry out consultancy and community services under supervision
• Write teaching manuals and compendia
• Supervises projects and field practical training for certificate and diploma students
• To recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support
• Attends/ organize workshops, conferences and symposia.
• Perform any work of the college (ESIS) as assigned by relevant authorities
• Provide subject-specific content to help students through drop-in assistance.
Holder of bachelor degree or master’s degree in Earth Sciences courses especially Geology, Applied Geology, Petroleum Geology, Engineering Geology, Oil and Natural Gas Engineering and equivalents from recognized Universities.
Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga
P. O. Box 1016, SHINYANGA.
OR by email to: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30 August 2021
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.