We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and flexible Animator to expand and improve our animation department. You’ll work closely with our Animator Coordinator and Lead Animator to ensure the creation of world-class animated content for African and worldwide audiences.
1. Own animation from script
Working with the animation team and coordinator to continuously find innovative and simple ways to make animation processes more efficient and fun!
Animate Ubongo Kids episodes and Akili episodes, as well as other required content within the deadline.
Ensuring the learning objective is achieved through animation.
Fill in wherever else is needed! We’re a small company and everyone wears many hats!
2. Sharing advice and skills
Review animation and follow up on comments to ensure learning objectives are achieved with the highest quality and consistency in standards set.
Develop characters, props, and backgrounds for animated content as needed.
Share your specific animation skills with the animation team as needed and follow up on comments from reviews.
Embody and promote Ubongoers’ principles and comply with communication norms.
Advice on screenwriting, voice recording, graphic design, and marketing as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIALS:
- Be competent using Adobe Animator, After Effects, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Have more than 1-year experience in 2D animation, specifically in Adobe Animation and Adobe After Effects.
- Have an animation portfolio.
- Ability to illustrate and storyboard.
- Ability to comprehend mathematical and scientific stories, and translate to visual animations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Have a can-do attitude and readiness to learn on the job as we create an innovative new educational service.
- Have a passion for UBONGO’s vision of using media to transform education.
- Be a persistent but empathetic pusher. We’ve got to get things DONE.
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
- Be a good communicator, and ask when something does not make sense. At Ubongo, we fail fast and fail forward!
- Someone who loves kids. They’re why we do what we do. They’re running around our office all the time. Our kids’ music and videos will become part of your life (and constantly stuck in your head).
- Exemplifies Ubongoer’s principles.
- Experience in character design and development.
- Experience in 3D animation.
- Software experience in Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Freehand, After Effects, Animator, Adobe Character Animator.
- Awareness and experience in the film industry and script writing.
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like a delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, pension payments of up to 10% (matching the value of your individual contributions), 28 working days paid annual leave (in addition to the public holidays) and you get to watch cartoons at work.
Recommended: BOFYA HAPA NA JIUNGE NASI TELEGRAM KWA NAFASI (2500+ POSTS)
APPLY USING THIS ONLINE FORM.
Please note that only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY