Position: Senior Backend Engineer (FinTech/Cryptocurrency)
you a Senior Backend Engineer who is fascinated by the world of FinTech and Cryptocurrency? Are you excited about developing for cloud software and being part of an innovative team? Then keep reading to find your dream job.
Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer located within Africa, to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
To be the ideal candidate you should have previously worked within a FinTech/ Crypto company and you are a clear communicator who is highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
The company’s current technology includes NodeJS, VueJS, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS IoT, AWS EC2, ELK Stack, Jest, Flutter and more.
Job Type: Remote | Full time
Salary: Salary + Benefits
- +5 years of work experience as a Backend Engineer/Developer
- Strong experience working in AWS or other similar cloud architecture (Google Cloud/Azure)
- Strong experience in Serverless Framework
- State Machine and Step Function experience advantageous
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritising work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product, stakeholders and sponsors, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You’re a thoughtful communicator—some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assistance in helping knock down walls and a clear path towards work completion
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Empower team members – including other developers as well as Technical Support – through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross-functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritise work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
Recommended: BOFYA HAPA NA JIUNGE NASI TELEGRAM KWA NAFASI (2500+ POSTS)
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognizing the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Client
- Be a role model for the Client’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization and external business contacts
CLICK HERE TO APPLY