BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position below…
Banking Applications Officer
Job Location: DSM, TANZANIA
Job Title: Banking Applications Officer
- Working with the BIHBV IT teams and service partners, lead successful implementation and maintenance of Temenos core banking system at branch offices and work with IT Head to ensure the establishment of published standards, policies, and procedures for maintaining the integrity of the Model Bank
- Ensure effective technical and user support for core applications – the maintenance of the Model Bank, product specification and documentation of system changes, development of management reports, management of efficient test and disaster recovery environments
- Ensure security of business data within core applications
- Coordinate end-user training for core applications with IT Service Manager and Field IT officers
- Lead the implementation and testing procedures to ensure that newly released software produce the expected results for the business operations.
- Apply strict change control measures in any customizations required by the BTFL users.
- Establish and enforce core applications system backup, recovery, and data retention criteria.
- Relate well with BI IT and strategic service partners to resolve complex technical problems
- Document recovery procedures and security settings for applications for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or any other related field. ITIL Foundation, Oracle (OCP) and/or SQL Server certifications are an added advantage
- 5 – 10 years’ experience supporting a Temenos core banking system in medium to large organizations. At least 2 years of SQL Database Administration experience Good knowledge of TCPIP communication protocol
- Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer hardware and software programs of diverse functionality. Including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administration programs.
- Significant experience in supporting databases (preferably Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle)
- Report development skills e.g., Crystal report, Jasper a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Commitment to the BRAC International mission, core values the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the workplace.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Banking Applications Officer” The application deadline is 02.07.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace.