The European Union (EU) Is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an Important role In International affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community:
- Supports Tanzania’s development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to Inclusive growth, private sector development and Job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic Integration and trade development.
Project Officer – Private Sector Development and Finance
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific Job function as Project Officer – this Job function may be changed In accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This Is a full time employment. The post Is allocated in salary Group I, which has a minimum gross salary of 6,3810,77 TZS per month. Reporting to the Head of Section, the Programme Officer will manage Cooperation activities In the field of Private Sector Development and Finance. The main tasks will include:
Programme management: Call for Proposals, identification and formulation, Implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities
Policy dialogue with stakeholders
Analytical work, briefings, technical notes, speeches
Visibility and communication
Development partners coordination and aid effectiveness
Required Qualifications and Competencies
Background In Private Sector Development, finance and / or Public Administration
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience, or equivalent in postgraduate education /research.
- Linguistics ability and Communication skills
- Fluent In English and Klswahill.
- Very good oral and written communication.
Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work Independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional conduct. Ability to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
Compulsory requirement Asset
Qualifications University degree or equivalent In a field related to Private Sector Development, Economics, finance and/or public administration postgraduate education /research
Professional experience Minimum of three years relevant experience, or equivalent in postgraduate education / research Experience In the region
Knowledge of languages Fluent In English and Klswahill
Knowledge of IT tools Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
How to apply
You can apply by submitting your application by sending your detailed CV and Cover letter to:
The Subject of your email should be: Project Officer Post No. 368082
Deadline for applications: 17:00 on 14 June 2021
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the Information provided In their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be Invited to an assessment phase which may Include an Interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to Inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.