Position: Construction Officer
the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We
are working with the government, local organizations and other
international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born
and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development
and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems
for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and
contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which
concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for
children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding
career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where
ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Construction Officer will be tasked with overseeing all functional
aspects of construction related projects such as conducting feasibility
assessment, preparing technical documents & tender documents,
supporting supply chain team for the procurement process, mobilise
contractors, conduct regular field visit and conduct intensive technical
monitoring of construction related activities in close coordination
with Education team.
Contract Duration: 7 Months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Education Project Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
need assessment in the selected schools to identify needs of School
WASH facilities in close coordination with Education team.
- Conduct feasibility study to construct latrines and hand washing facilities in selected schools.
- Conduct hazard assessment and verify availability of land to prepare designs and drawings.
design, Drawings, Bill of Quantity (BOQ), cost estimate and
specifications of construction materials as per standard in close
coordination with School Management Committee and Education team
- Ensure quality of construction work carried by contractors per SCI construction policy.
- Responsible and accountable for frequent construction site visits.
- Supervise construction work of Latrines, hand washing facilities and any other construction activities that SCI will undertake.
- Prepare construction quality checklist and prepare periodic reports.
- Conduct frequent field visit to conduct technical monitoring.
- Provide necessary suggestion and technical backstopping to contractors, construction workers and School Management.
- Maintain close contact with selected communities and inform them of issues related to the project;
- Monitor working conditions and be aware for problems that might arise regarding progress, quality and safety;
- Provide periodic progress reports and undertake verification of payment invoices.
- Monitor construction budgets and overall performance with Program and Project Managers
all construction work carried out at the completion stage in
cooperation with the relevant authority and ensure that all requirements
are fulfilled before a Certificate of Completion is issued, and final
- Assist and support programme staff (Budget
Holders) in preparation of project proposals and monitoring of their
budgets related to all construction activities.
- Comply with Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Support Country Office compliance with SCI Construction Policy and
Benchmark Standards, working with Engineer, Country construction focal
point and Regional Construction TA to embed policy and develop Standard
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s in civil engineering/ Architecture or related field;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience on WASH related projects specially on design and construction of infrastructures.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, both written and verbal.
- Previous work experience with a national/international NGO;
- Excellent in computer software such as excel, word, and CAD/ArchiCAD etc;
How to Apply.
Please read the full details of the position at https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Application closing Date: 20th June, 2021.
need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our
commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is
subject to our Child protection standards including background checks
and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are
expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 08 Jun 2021.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract