Test Division Summary
- To own, localise and execute the Business and Commercial Banking (BCB) strategy (including Local Corporates in agreement with Wholesale Banking) for country.
- Deploys locally relevant client value propositions in strategic focus sectors in order to deliver scale, client value and bank commercial value in line with business objectives. Owns and drives the effective deployment of direct banking solutions to meet the needs of all business owners. Builds and maintains effective relationships with clients across Business and Commercial banking in order to entrench our position as a partner for growth amongst businesses ofall sizes across multiple industries. Effectively and proactively manages the risk associated with the portfolio whilst ensuring growth objectives are attained.
- Responsible for the localisation and execution of our platform and ecosystem strategy including the identification of local market 3rd Party solutions.
- Promotes a client experience aligned with the strategic value drivers, with the objective to establish ourselves as a partner for growth anticipating and delivering solutions that address the business needs through their life cycle. Identify, recruit, lead and retain a team of highly skilled and motivated business specialists in order to meet the needs of our clients and enable us to win new business, growing our market share to appropriate levels.
- Must adhere to all licence requirements for the Business and Commercial Client’s segment.
- Accountable to co-create (With Domain Head), monitor, deliver and manage the in-country execution of the Business and Commercial Clients strategy in alignment with Group requirements.
- Co-develops (With Domain Heads) and implements the Business and Commercial Banking toolbox for country and deploys in country.
- Leads and enables and environment that enables client turnover growth.
- Grows scale and market share within country.
- Delivers average revenue growth per client in line with objectives to broaden the earnings base.
- Lead and drive for the achievement of agreed client growth.
- Lead and drive for the achievement of the agreed DTB ratios.
- Lead and drive for the achievement of NPS.
- Lead and drive for constructive and speedy resolution of customer queries and complaints.
- Lead and drive for high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Implements the client journey and full value proposition (beyond financial services including platforms) for the Business and Commercial segment across country market.
- Retains a key focus on client relationships, client experience and operational efficiency.
- Identifies client trends through internal and external insights, informs strategic nuancing for country by engaging with clients and leveraging client analytics.
- Partners with Client Solutions and 3rd Party partners and ecosystems partners for the delivery of integrated multi-products and services propositions for the client.
- Maintains alignment with other segment heads in order to ensure excellent client proposition delivery and reduction of duplication across segments.
- Monitors implementation of agreed financial and non-financial outcomes and ensures that remedial actions are implemented.
- Creates multi-product client experiences to address business events, distributed through client engagement platforms.
- Delivers SBG and 3rd party products and services to the Business and Commercial Clients through client centric platforms.
- Defines and implements the financial outcomes in agreement with Group Business and Commercial CEO and the country CEO EXCO.
- Sets and monitors appropriate capital and liquidity requirements in conjunction with CEO, Country and CEO, Business and Commercial Clients.
- Verifies that the design and development of Business and Commercial Clients objectives are achieved within agreed market and conduct risk parameters.
- Accountable for overall risk management and adherence to all governance standards for the continued sustainability of the Business and Commercial Clients.
- Develops appropriate recovery and resolution plans to protect Business and Commercial Clients from any untoward event.
- Drives or satisfactory audit outcomes and ensures that there are no repeat unsatisfactory findings as gauged by Group Internal Audit
- Develops client risk appetite based on the defined framework which is signed off by Group Business and Commercial Clients CEO and Group Chief Risk Officer.
- Implements and monitors risk management across Business and Commercial Clients (e.g., operational risk, credit risk, ecosystems risk and partner risk management).
- Manages Operational Risk loss within a tolerance limit of 1% of Gross revenue.
- Sets the example and leads the team in line with the Group’s leadership identity, core values and People Promise.
- Enables integrated ways of working and collaboration across the value chain to deliver for the client.
- Inspires the team to deliver on the Group’s shared purpose and instilling a culture which enables the Group to evolve into a client led platform organisation.
- Ensures alignment to the People and Culture standards with regards to all employee-related matters.
- Provides input into talent strategy developed by People and Culture.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the People and Culture function.
- Embed Vuka and Care and Growth in all of the Business and Commercial Clients franchise.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Type of qualification: Post Graduate Degree
Field of study: Business Commerce
Years: More than 10 years
Experience Description: A proven track record with significant experience in all facets of Business and Commercial Banking, including heading up a business unit or segment (Business Banking or Commercial Banking or other). Knowledge and experience of country business and commercial clients, their needs and their markets, gained from an extended period of industry experience and demonstrable ability in high-level leadership in organisations of comparable size and complexity. A working understanding of how the 4th industrial revolution is impacting how financial services companies must anticipate and respond to the changing need of markets, clients and industries. A strong working knowledge of value and supply chains with an ability to articulate successfully implemented strategies that have delivered substantial client and bank commercial value.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za