Public Relations Officers (Entry Level) – 2 Posts
The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified young Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and Training Institute, Mwanza
Position: Public Relations Officers (entry level) – 2 Post
Reports to: Head of Division
Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To plan, develop and implement public relations strategies in line with the Bank’s corporate communication strategy.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide inputs and support in the review and implementation of the corporate communication strategy; Organise Bank’s engagement with the media;
- Prepare responses to issues raised by the media/stakeholders and submit to the Head of division;
- Monitor, review, collect and post updated information to BOT websites and BOT pages in other websites;
- Monitor the public opinion of the Bank in the news media and recommending to Management appropriate action or reaction;
- Prepare public education /awareness campaigns on Bank related issues
- Prepare inputs for the Bank’s internal monthly newsletter;
- Prepare/translate Bank’s publications, leaflets and brochures when need arises;
- Arrange for and process travel, passports, visa, travel insurance, hotel accommodation, registration, travel allowances, transport for the executives and visitors to the Bank;
- Provide escort and meeting Bank’s executives and official visitors to the Bank to and from travel ports;
- Assist in providing relevant information to official visitors of the Bank;
- Assist and participate in the organisation and preparation of various functions hosted by the Bank;
- Provide logistical support during conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings and events organised by the Bank;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, mass communication, journalism or its equivalent from accredited institution with at least upper second class.
- Knowledge in Information Technology will be an added
- Fresh graduate or with experience of not more than three (3)
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. iii. Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
- Certified birth certificates.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope with the application letter.
Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
Administration and Internal Controls,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 June 2021. at 16.00 pm.