|National Bank of Commerce|
Location: Head Office NBC
Type: Full time
Job ID: R-15916282
is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of
experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and
investment banking, wealth management products and services.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Growth of Islamic Business- Assets (loans), Liabilities (deposits) and
revenue to increase the unit’s business profitability and building
customer relationships in accordance with Bank’s strategic focus..
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Accountability: Business Growth
with Manager Islamic Banking in reviewing and developing annual
activity plans for Islamic business with clear objectives and goals to
support the overall Bank’s strategic intent.
- Devise and manage
initiatives for deposit mobilization initiatives for Islamic customers
to ensure targeted growth in deposits is achieved.
with credit unit, initiate, coordinate and conduct capacity building
sessions to Branch members to ensure their performance is aligned with
business goals and objectives
- Identify and negotiate Islamic
business opportunities and develop specific plans to acquire business in
order to increase Islamic business portfolio in line with business
- Build, manage and enhance business relationships to ensure retention of customers in line with business needs
- Review periodically branch performance, analyse performance trends and communicate remedial/improvement strategies.
Islamic operational activities under respective branch and support them
to implement activity plans to meet their assigned targets.
- Monitor Islamic business and advise prompt action to be taken by braches for delinquent cases.
- Collaborate with Manager Islamic Business to develop policy guideline for Islamic products and services
with Manager Islamic Business to develop Islamic permissible
products and innovative solutions that meeting customers varying
- Initiate and conduct customer engagements such as
customer’s forums, focus group discussion, If tar, and workshops to
identify customer’s needs, building and strengthening relationships to
ensure retention of customers in line with business needs.
and negotiate Islamic banking opportunities and develop specific plans
to acquire business in order to attain set business targets.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Accountability: Product Development
- Develop and maintain a product range of Islamic banking products to ensure customer requirements are met
all Shari’ah compliance risks are addressed and reported to SAC along
with the solutions during development of the new Shari’ah products.
development of the new Shariah compliant products, all Shariah
compliant risks are addressed and reported to the SSB along with the
solutions after studying the ABSA group environment and system
high level input and implementation support to the relevant
stakeholders on any Islamic Banking products across key projects and
- Monitor the effectiveness of all Islamic Banking
products by reviewing relevant products reports on a monthly basis to
determine the effective of the product and the level of Shari’ah
Accountability: Risk Management
- Respond to queries from auditors and provide the necessary information needed during internal, external and Shari’ah audits
- Perform quarterly Shari’ah reviews on products, agreements, contracts and reports to indicate any Shari’ah laws violation.
the Manager Islamic Banking and Shari’ah Advisory Committee (SAC) to
ensure compliance including organizing SAC meetings, implement
decisions, actions and Fatwas provided by Head of Islamic Banking &
MSME and SAC.
- Prepare all documentation for the risk structure
within the ABSA Islamic Banking environment need to review risk related
to recognition and conflicts of different Islamic products in the ABSA
banking systems on a continuous basis
Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Business Analysis
(Meets all of the requirements), Certificate in Shariah Banking – Any
reputable, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets some of the requirements
and would need further development), Creative and innovative thinking
(Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets
all of the requirements), English, Entrepreneurial thinking (Meets some
of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a
similar environment, Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the
requirements), Sales Management (Meets some of the requirements and
would need further development)
Deadline: 17th June, 2021.