POST: CUSTOMS OFFICERS II – 6 POST
POST: CATEGORY(S) ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING BANKING, ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES LEGAL, TAXATION AND SOCIAL PROTECTION
EMPLOYER: Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-06-01 2021-06-14
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out tax assessments in respect of small passengers’ accompanied baggage at Ports, Airports and Border stations.
- To attend to public/customer grievances concerning customs operations.
- To carry out instructions as may be directed by the customs officer – preventive.
- To perform preventive duties at Airport, Seaport, Gates, Customs Warehouse, Transit stations, Dry port and all other Customs contacted areas.
- To conduct examination of passenger’s baggage.
- To carry out rummaging of marine vessels and aircraft.
- To control imports, export and transit goods
- To carry out documentary verification
- To prepare enquiries and offence files
- To assess and value goods.
- To release goods after payment of duties.
- To prepare various returns for Customs & Excise Headquarters.
- To provide information for preparation of Management reports (various).
- To conduct the physical verification of goods.
- To perform anti- smuggling patrols.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Taxation, Customs, Accountancy, Finance, Public Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Law, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution/University.
REMUNERATION SALARY SCALE: TRAS 4
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 June 2021.