POST: TAX MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT II – 8 POST
POST CATEGORY(S): ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING HR & ADMINISTRATION LEGAL TAXATION AND SOCIAL PROTECTION
EMPLOYER: Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-06-01 2021-06-14
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To process application for new taxpayers’ registration and facilitate issuance of Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
- To manage return filing processes including identifying none and late filers.
- To manage tax assessments control records such as tax assessments levels, assessments in arrears and jeopardy cases.
- To prepare tax returns, assessments and revenue collection reports.
- To process non-account cases returns including withholding tax statements.
- To trace missing taxpayers’ files.
- To prepare tax clearance certificates, registration of Motor Vehicles, issuance of Motor Vehicle annual licenses, issuance and renewal of drivers’ licenses.
- To manage objections and appeals controls such as Registers and Tax Stand over Orders.
- To gather and file tax information.
- To assist in conducting physical and compliance surveillance surveys
- To prepare cases for enforcement activities.
- To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holders of Diploma in one of the following fields; Taxation, Customs, Accountancy, Business Administration, Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution
REMUNERATION SALARY SCALE: TRAS 3
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 June 2021.