Business Development Executive
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To proactively acquire new business and deepen existing customer relationships for the general mass market segment to the specified service standards.
People and Talent
Self-Development through on Job Training
- Compliance to the Bank Policies
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Operations officer for processing issues.
- Branch Manager / EB RM
- Peers from Personal lending/WM – For sales support of specific products.
- “A” Level however a professional qualification would be advantageous
- At least 5 years Banking Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of lending, credit scoring and securities.
- Sales and marketing ability.
- Change driven, ability to adapt and motivate others to accept change.
- Effective decision taker to handle a variety of branch problems and issues.
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan.
- Wide knowledge of banking practice and theory, professional qualification advantageous
- Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 June 2021.