in Tanzania 2021: New Job Opportunities at Standard Chartered, 2021
Job: Brand, Marketing
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Fixed Term
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s
about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing,
better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here
We’re committed to promoting equality in the
workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where
everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive
contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide
better support to our broad client base.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
The Role Responsibilities
the Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing strategies for the
Country, working closely with the Cluster CABM, Country CEO and Country
Client Business Heads, ensuring alignment with the Group strategy
- Contribute to overall Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing visions/priorities
with the functions’ Country Heads and Management Teams to manage and
implement key projects and strategy changes across the Bank
to Country CEO, and client business heads to drive their country
strategies and prioritise, whilst maintaining Group wide standards
the team to develop plans for Corporate Affairs and Brand &
Marketing disciplines, deliver quality activities to drive exceptional
client and corporate level experience, backed up by well design
actionable metrics that are used for future decision making.
- Deliver quality activities to drive exceptional client experiences – on plan, on budget and on time
- Drive digital strategy and effective use of digital platforms across the Bank
direction on leveraging research insights to develop Customer Value
Propositions and Thought Leadership positions to Country Management
Teams, integrating them into Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing
- Integrate the Brand strategy into the overall business
strategy of the Bank working across Corporate Affairs and Brand &
Marketing platforms, such as internal and external communication.
a Brand Champion – ensure all segment and product campaigns live up to
our Brand promise of Here for good while, at the same time, delivering
committed business outcomes
- Lead the delivery of Corporate
Affairs and Marketing activities in a framework that ensure they are
executed within the brand specifications (brand positioning, brand
architecture) to reinforce the overall SCB brand positioning through
consistency in tone, manner, look and feel. Drive brand awareness and
consideration in the region and achieve targeted metric levels for the
- Ensure both functions follow their desk operating instructions
- Manage the KCSA and Operational Risk standards for the Corporate Affairs and Brand and Marketing teams in the region
in best practices to allow for solutions that are in line with the
B&M strategy globally and partner with COEs within B&M and CA to
make sure end to end alignment is in place.
- Proactively manage advertising and media agencies
areas for process improvement and recommend ways to increase functional
effectiveness and improve operational efficiencies
People and Talent
- Work with the Cluster CABM and Country CEO to create a strong professional team of Corporate Affairs and Marketing professionals
- Able to share and advise on best practices and emerging developments across the region
leadership capability and create a culture of talent development and
empowerment in both functions. Champion capability and training
requirements for the CA teams
- Build in best practice to allow
for solutions that are on message with the CA strategy globally and
partner with COE;s within CA and B&M to make sure end to end
alignment is in place
- Assess and measure the team’s activities to ensure alignment with plans, forecasts and capacity models.
- Demonstrate shift towards anticipation of risk
leadership around Risk Management, both reputational and operational to
ensure they are proactively identified and mitigated in country and all
issues are timely reported/escalated in line with Group and local
policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and co-ordination of issues and crisis communications to the functions at Country levels
with the Group Head of Corporate Affairs, Global Head of Communications
and COO to manage key projects and strategy changes that need to be
communicated across the Bank.
- Accountability for the Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing budgets and scorecards.
adherence to the Risk Management Framework, Group Code of Conduct and
various Policies, Procedures and Guidelines of the Bank by the Country
Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing teams
- For Corporate
Affairs, be Reputation Risk Control Owner’s representative, enforcing
the associated policies and procedures across the Bank
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics,
including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered
Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in
letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the
Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Corporate Affairs and Brand
& marketing AME team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s
Conduct Principles: The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
leadership in Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing to comply
with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and
practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand
and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws,
regulations and guidelines including those governing securities
activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and
sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of
Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and
compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively
identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with
the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies,
processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by
displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility
- The conduct of individuals in Corporate Affairs and Brand
& Marketing, Africa & Middle East ensuring behaviours set out in
the Group Code of Conduct are followed.
- Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable
to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings
Internal – functional
- Group Head of Corporate Affairs & Brand & Marketing
- Global Head, Brand and Marketing
- Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing Management Group members
- Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing Management – Cluster
Internal – Cluster and country level
- Cluster and Country CEO
- Cluster and Country Client Business Heads
- Cluster and Country Functions Heads
- Advertising agencies
- Media agencies
- Vendors and suppliers
- Newspaper editors and journalists
- Non-Governmental Organisations
- Representatives in Central Government departments
- Develop profile with relevant professional PR bodies in key regions
- Network with Country peers in the industry and other sectors
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
As members of the Country Management, Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing Groups:
- Influence the Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing strategy with country stakeholders, aligning it with Group standards
- Work cohesively with the functions’ COO to embed governance requirements within the country teams
- Collaborate with other members to ensure Group campaigns are relevant, timely and well planned for delivery across the network
- Identify areas spanning all Group members that can help drive relevant initiatives for the network
- Strategic acumen
- Conceptual thinking – able to structure and organise
- Execution orientation – able to execute and deliver results
- Service and customer centricity
- Leadership and change agent
- People management
- Influencing and networking
- Presentation and communication (written and speaking skills)
- Ability to manage in a geographically and culturally dispersed environment
- Experience in developing teams in diverse international organisations
understanding of key business drivers, cultural, ethnic and religious
conditions across geographies in order to translate global strategy into
effective local operations
- Excellent time management and working under tight deadlines
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Unposting Date: 15/Jun/2021, 1:59:00 AM