|Action Against Hunger|
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger 2021
💥CHECK UPDATES ZOTE ZA UDAHILI 2021/22. CLICK HERE!💥
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Location: Action Against Hunger – USA, Singida, Tanzania
Length of Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension
Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International
network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries
worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and
food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently
manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia,
Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA
has approximately 2000 staff based in the various country offices, Head
Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional
growth is anticipated.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Tanzania, Action Against Hunger was established in December 2015 in Dar
es Salaam. The organization entered in partnership with the Government
of Tanzania to support the National Multi-sectoral Nutrition Action Plan
(NMNAP) with the focus on addressing childhood malnutrition. Currently,
Action Against Hunger is operational in Dodoma and Singida regions
where it is implementing Health, Nutrition, Food Security and
Summary of Position
As part of
the Action Against Hunger USA – Tanzania Country office, the Driver
position has the following purpose, engagement and delivery requirements
Support the implementation of Action
Against Hunger projects through driving project vehicles in the
respective regions and districts. The incumbent will also be accountable
to maintain and provide general good care and services for the
Coordinate with Program and Support staff to ensure efficiency of business processes.
with Logistics officer and Finance/Administration Officer for effective
service provision on transport and vehicle management.
quality, timely, sustainable and consistent support in transportation
to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of the Tanzania Country
Office. In addition, ensure appropriate maintenance of Action Against
Hunger vehicles for use in the field as may be required
program vehicles as directed by Administration Officer and provide safe
and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors. He will
ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic
rules and road discipline.
- Drive long distance with or without program staff when required and adhere to the rules and regulation.
that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the
documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil,
fuel, brakes, lights windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures, and
report any damage or abnormal condition of the vehicle.
track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule
is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s)
service is due.
- Maintain record of work performed; Fills up all
necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as
required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident,
he will report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle
that require immediate attention to the Supervisor’s, he will assist the
Supervisor in planning and control of (regular) services.
will check daily status and availability of spares jack and tools and
perform minor repairs to the vehicle, change tires, always refuel the
vehicle as required and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle.
will ensure that the ACF vehicle(s) are only used for
official/authorized business and report to supervisor if unauthorized
incident (s) took place.
- Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
III. Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of
gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry,
national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Ensure Action Against Hunger vehicles are well maintained and clean and all documentation are up to date
position will ensure all movements are approved by Logistics Officer
before commencement; and within Action Against Hunger driving rules and
- Ensure the vehicles are properly cleaned, fueled and in order
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive
for long periods in rough roads with poor terrain. Must be able to
observe driving rules and regulations to avoid accidents and ensure
safety of both passengers and vehicle itself.
- The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per
week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the
weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for
standard domestic business purposes. While performing the duties of this
job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings
under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and
outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
VII. Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Advance Driving Certificate NIT/VETA
- A Secondary School Certificate with a PASS grade
- Valid driver’s license class C and proof of good driving records.
- Ability to communicate in Kiswahili and simple English
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
VIII. Required Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position; previous experience working with INGO will be an added advantage
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alert; emotional stability, neat and courteous;
- Ability to communicate in Kiswahili and simple English
- Compatibility for both independent and team work.
- Active listener with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment and to multi-task
- Worked and reside in Singida region will be an added advantage.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
How to apply
The interested candidates must send their application letters and Curriculum vitae through our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 04th June, 2021 at 23:59.
Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money. AjiraLeo.com is not responsible for monies paid to Scammers.