energy sector through skills development for sustainable development– is
a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing
two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate
students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a
two-year Master’s degree program) in priority development areas on the
continent and abroad (including in Japan). This JADS program is funded
by the Government of Japan.
attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in
a number of priority areas pertaining to science and technology with a
special focus on the energy sector. JADS’s objectives are aligned with
the Bank’s High 5 agenda (i.e. Light up and power Africa, Feed Africa,
Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Improve the quality of life
for the people of Africa) and key Japanese development assistance
initiatives to Africa and the 6th Tokyo International Conference for
African Development (TICAD VI) outcomes.
relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their
countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree
program in energy development and related discipline. The program does
not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly
acquired knowledge and skills, and contribute to the promotion of
sustainable development of their countries.
APPLY ONLINE SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY IN JAPAN 2021/2022
Broadly speaking, nationals of African countries must:
- Be a national of a AfDB member country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or
related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year
in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all
types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close
relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close
relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother,
Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
*Please note: All
eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Eligibility criteria will not change during an open call for
applications. However, this information is subject to change between the
close of one application process and the opening of the next.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
The JADS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host
university at the start of the study program and immediately following
the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
- Applicant completes JADS application form
- Applicant sends documents (application form, university transcripts
and certificate, CV, professional references and research proposal), to
the JADS Secretariat for first screening through JADS@AFDB.ORG
- JADS Secretariat sends shortlist of candidates to selected Japanese universities
- Universities does second screening and share selected students with JADS Secretariat
- JADS Secretariat recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese Executive Director for approval.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Note: 2021/2022 application and intake for Japanese Universities
Application deadline for September 2021/April 2022 Intake: August 31, 2021
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2021/22 HERE.