|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly
motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East
African Community Partner States (Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Health Research Commission (EAHRC):
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2020-21/39)
Implements procurement policies and processes for the EAC. S/He
initiates preparation of Annual Procurement Plan, receiving and
reviewing requisitions for clarity, adequate specifications and to
ensure that bidders are able to respond to the quotation appropriately,
receiving and processing purchase requisitions from users, originating
tender documents, consolidating and preparing recommendations for tender
awards, expediting deliveries and updating and maintaining procurement
following duties and responsibilities in a manner that is consistent
and cognizant of the EAHRC philosophy:
- Review procurement policies and past performance of the Community arid make recommendations on the basis of a logical forecast
- Initiate preparation of Annual Procurement Plan.
- Plan for all the supplies needs of the Community and formulate supplies policies and guidelines for the Community.
- Receive, review and process Purchase requisitions from User Departments.
- Maintain the Supplies Manual for the supplies staff of the Community
- Prepare minutes and reports of Tender board meetings.
- Generate procurement reports and correspondences.
- Prepare procurement transactions and provide a liaison link between suppliers and user Departments.
- Compiling Tender documents for the Tender Board Committee and make follow up.
- Advice user departments on procurement guidelines In areas such as drawing specifications and terms of reference right.
- Consolidate and prepare recommendations for award of tenders/quotations.
- Carry out inspections to assess utilization and control of supplies.
- Prepare procurement transactions and provide a liaison link between suppliers and user departments.
- Update and Maintain Community suppliers’ databases and records. –
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management from time to time
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Supplies Management or equivalent.
- Diploma in Procurement, Purchasing and Supplies or equivalent
- Minimum 05years of relevant practical experience in the field of Procurement for Goods and Services
- Proficiency in standard computer applications such as Microsoft
Office and specialized applications like SUN system, SAP, or Oracles.
- Good Customer Relations, Negotiation skills, effective Communication and Report writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English and Kiswahili.
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int