|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly
motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East
African Community Partner States (Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO):
Reports to: Council of Ministers through the EASTECO Board
Organ/Institution: East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO)
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Executive and Accounting Officer of the EASTECO. The main purpose of the
job is to promote and coordinate the development, management and
application of Science, Technology and Innovation in the EAC Partner
- Coordinate policy formulation on sustainable development and management of the EASTECO;
- Coordinate Resource Mobilization for the various Programs and Projects of the EASTECO;
- initiate and oversee the implementation of the strategic framework;
- Coordinate and implement of Partnership Agreements between the EASTECO and Development Partners;
- Prepare and harmonize EAC positions on Science, Technology and Innovation;
- Develop work plans, budgets and monitor Programmes for the work of the EASTECO;
- Promote operational linkages with other similar regional and international agencies and Institutions;
- Initiate studies and research related to the implementation of programs for the EASTECO;
- Develop work plans, budgets and monitor programmes for the work of the Commission
- Act as the Accounting Officer of the Commission;
- Jointly with Deputy Executive Secretary Finance and Administration
provide guidance and technical support to the Sectoral Council of
Ministers and take appropriate follow up actions as decided or directed
by the Sectoral Council;
- Promote a positive corporate image of the East African Community in general and the EASTECO in particular; and
- Perform other related duties as prescribed in the EASTECO Protocol that will be assigned by the Council of Ministers.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of
Science and Technology, Management and Administration or equivalent
qualification from a recognised university
- A PhD will be an added advantage.
- At least 15 years of working experience in the field of Science and Technology of which eight (8) should be at a senior level.
- Strong leadership and team motivation skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral, written and presentation);
- Proficiency in French and Kiswahili
- Advanced organising and planning skills with a proven track record of achieving targets with time constraints;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Sound knowledge of the operations of the donors and;
- Mastery experience in Resource Mobilization and Finance Agreement negotiations.
the Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and the United
Republic of Tanzania are eligible to apply for the above position.
The established posts offer attractive
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int