|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly
motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East
African Community Partner States (Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO):
programmes to ensure effective and efficient development, management and
application of science, technology and innovation in the EAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective deputisation for the Executive Secretary;
- Initiate and coordinate the process of harmonization of policies,
laws, regulations and standards with specific relevance to the
development of Science, Technology and innovation (STI);
- Guide identification and development of new STI projects and programmes as strategic initiatives within the EASTECO mandate;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of systems for
monitoring, evaluation and compliance with agreed policies and actions
by Partner States and other stakeholders;
- Analyse reports from Partner States’ institutions on their
activities relating to the management of STI as specified in the
Protocol establishing the Commission;
- Coordinate the involvement of the Commission in Multilateral science
and technology Agreements and projects thereof in liaison with the
- Promote the coordinated engagement and participation of the civil
society organizations, the Private Sector and other relevant
stakeholders in the development and application of science, technology
and innovation in the region;
- Promote capacity building, institutional development, scientific research and innovation in the Community;
- Liaise with the National Commissions/Councils of Science and
Technology (NCSTs), Ministries/institutions responsible for Science and
Technology, Research and Innovation in the Partner States for
coordinated implementation of projects and programmes;
- Develop strategies and plans for mobilizing national and international financial resources for the Programmes of the Commission;
- Lead the process of formulation and implementation of annual work plans and budget;
- Ensure overall consistencies, synergies and quality in Projects and Programmes implementation and high performance level;
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Sectoral Council of
Ministers and take appropriate follow-up actions as decided/directed by
the Sectoral Council;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of Science and Technology from
a recognised university and relevant qualification related to
projects/program development and management.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, of which 8 years should be at Senior Level;
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability in managing Programmes and Projects;
- Knowledge in Resource Mobilisation, financing agreement negotiation and management;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/diverse environment; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan and the United Republic of Tanzania
are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
Relevant Working Experience:
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int