|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Kiswahili Commission below:
PRINCIPAL CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2020-21/33)
equip citizens with the Kiswahili literary and linguistic skills and
knowledge which meets the needs and conforms to the development plans of
- Developing quality assurance processes, through harmonization of
Kiswahili education Programmes, curricula and certification, in order to
ensure that teaching and research in the Kiswahili achieve and maintain
- In collaboration with Partner States, reviewing and harmonizing
Kiswahili curricula to keep abreast with new linguistics and literary
- Assisting Partner States to offer quality education for the
production of Kiswahili teachers and communicators in all sectors of
- Assisting Partner States with specific needs in the development of Kiswahili language
- Assisting members with their respective personal development and management of Kiswahili institutions and use of resources
- Assisting governments and other stakeholders with the development of
strategies for adequate investment in the promotion of Kiswahili in the
Community and beyond
- Facilitating the development of regional Kiswahili policies for the
exchange of staff and students in Kiswahili Institutions and monitor the
effectiveness of such policies
- Identifying Kiswahili training needs including curriculum review,
teaching methods, development of instructional materials and research
- Undertaking relevant studies to facilitate policy development in the specific sectors of the Commission
Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration or any other equivalent
qualification from a recognized University.
- At least ten (10) years of experience, of which five (5) should be at Senior Level in a relevant field;
- Experience in Training, Curriculum and Policy Development;
- Experience in Program Planning, Implementation, Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation
skills, excellent writing and communication skills in Kiswahili and
English and ability to work in a multi-cultural/diverse environment
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int