students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically,
achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices. They
will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems,
local and global.
enthusiasm, developing resilience, perseverance, and confidence.
Understanding the diversity of people and cultures, they will act
kindly, fairly, and responsibly.
towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and
accept the consequences of our actions.
curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and
solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace
the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
kindness and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience,
generosity and integrity.
the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our
IST Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission,
vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
1. Personalized Learning:
(a) Ensure alignment between the written, taught and assessed curriculum
(b) Implement a strong, multi-tiered system of support to students, consistent with IST’s common understanding of inclusion
(c) Improve our ability to offer a balanced program with opportunities for excellence in academics, the arts and athletics
(d) Provide exemplary transition programs between campuses and other institutions of learning
(e) Ensure reporting models support effective partnerships with parents and their child’s learning
(f) Develop a strong internal professional learning community to embed successful professional learning experiences
(g) Ensure IST students’ appropriate use of technology supports their learning
2. Engaged Community:
(a) Improve IST’s local, global and international reputation
(b) Provide opportunities for IST students and faculty to connect with local and global experts
(c) Develop partnerships within the local community to improve student experiences
(d) Improve processes and systems to improve communication within the IST community
(e) Build reciprocal structures to connect alumni with current student
(f) Establish sustainable and supportive relationships with government ministries
(g) Promote positive school spirit within and across campuses
3. Ensured Sustainability:
(a) Review the master site plan to ensure school facilities support learning experiences
(b) Maintain fiscal discipline and transparency within IST community
(c) Develop the school’s capacity to recruit/retain excellent employees
(d) Lessen IST’s environmental footprint
(e) Align governing models with best practice
Title Assistant Facilities Supervisor
Reports to: Facilities/Site Supervisor
Start date: June, 2021
Summary of the role
Alongside the Facilities Supervisor the
post holder will organize, direct and control the daily operations of
various facilities activities. The post holder will ensure high
standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout
the school and manage the housekeeping and department efficiently to
ensure that standards and control costs are maintained. The post holder
will have the overall responsibility for the day-to-day cleaning
operations, assigning duties and follow-ups, inspect the quality of work
of operations staff including guidance to the proper use of resources
and materials and school maintenance procedures. The post holder will
routinely provide advice and assistance with completing relevant
The post holder will ensure that employees work in a safe and efficient manner.
The duties will cover both school and staff houses depending on the area of need/requirement
– Liaise with the facility supervisor and notify them of areas in need of attention.
– To prioritize work and to identify, diagnose and solve problems before they affect the operation of the school.
– Plan and allocate time slots effectively to minimise overtime and extra duties allocated after working hours.
– Conduct an inspection on a daily basis to ensure that all areas of
the school are cleaned to a satisfactory standard and daily cleaning
logs are completed for each work section.
– To maintain a flexible daily cleaning schedule of all internal areas of the school.
– Ensure that identified key areas of the school receive priority in the schedule.
– Participate in the implementation of approved policies and
procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with
established policies and procedures.
– Consult with the Facilities Supervisor and Principals in order to identify times when curriculum areas are unused.
– Maintain cleaning staff attendance logs and timesheets for submission to Facilities/Site Supervisor.
– Liaise with the Facilities Supervisor/Principal and review the weekly school calendar to identify lettings and school events.
– Ensure that maintenance policies/procedures are followed by each
school staff i.e. recording all maintenance work on the help desk.
– Support schools in overall maintenance of their facilities.
– Motivate and resolve concerns, conflicts, and problems of the staff
reporting to you ensuring that services are provided in a professional
and safe manner bearing in mind the policies and procedures set for by
the HR department.
– Monitor and control supplies and equipment;
order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment
– Organize and review preventative maintenance and
safety inspection programs set for the facilities and equipment set by
the Site/Facilities Supervisor.
– Monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures.
– Provide information to the staff and management; investigate
complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve
– Identify formal and informal training needs for all cleaning/gardening staff.
– Any other duties allocated by Facilities/Site Supervisor or Management.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,475 POSTS)
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
– A University Degree. Preferably in facilities and buildings
– Three years of practical experience in Facilities and Maintenance
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
– A must be able to speak and write in English and Kiswahili fluently.
– Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word,
Excel,) with the capability to master school specific software and
databases and other software.
(a) Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
(b) Integrity and confidentiality
(c) Strategic thinker, able to convert vision into action
(d) Internationally minded, emotional intelligence
(e) Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
(f) Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
(g) Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing
NOTE: The areas of responsibilities and person specification are not exhaustive.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Particulars of the Search:
applicants should be based in Tanzania and need to formally apply.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit
and interest in the position along with an up-to-date Curriculum
vitae/resume which includes the names, addresses and contact details of
three (3) referees.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applications and enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Wednesday 09th June, 2021.