Job Vacancy: Managing Director of Inades-Formation Tanzania
Duty Station: Dodoma
Inades-Formation Tanzania (IFTz) is a legally registered, independent, autonomous, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that serves rural communities. It is one of the institutions providing action -training support for socio-economic empowerment of smallholder farmers and rural communities aimed at building their capacities to bring about their socio-economic advancement and transform the societies in which they live.
IFTz wishes to invite applications from pro-active, hard-working and committed individuals to fill the post of Managing Director.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, economics, agriculture or rural development.
- Minimum of 8-years work experience in management of NGOs or similar position.
- Broad experience of rural development and its challenges in Tanzania, and commitment to addressing poverty and marginalization of rural communities and smallholder farmers.
- Proven experience in project planning and management, proposal writing, implementation, monitoring and reporting of donor funded projects.
- Experience in nurturing good working relationships with local government authorities, donors and partners.
- Analytical, dynamic, team-builder, solution seeker, well organized, flexible and gender focused.
- A team player with good communication skills, co-ordination, facilitation, planning and training skills.
- Pro-active and ability to work under pressure, stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, with knowledge of French as an added advantage.
- Good practical skills in computer programs: Word, Excel etc.
- Remuneration: Attractive and negotiable remuneration commensurate with experience and responsibilities of the post.
Age limit: The candidate should be 35 years old and above.
Terms and conditions of Service:
Successful candidate will be employed for a 3-years renewable contract, with a one-year probation. Other conditions of service are as promulgated in the IFTz’s Terms of Service.
Mode of Application:
Application letter with photocopies of relevant certificates, a detailed CV and contacts of 3 referees (senior and responsible persons) with mailing address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
The Board Chairperson,
P 0. Box 203 Dodoma,
Tel: +255 26 2354230,
Closing Date: 14th June 2021.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who will not hear from us two weeks after the closing date of this announcement, should consider their applications not successful.