|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at EAC Competition Authority (EACA):
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, MONOPOLIES AND CARTELS
(1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2020-21/22)
- Manage the operations of the Directorate in liaison with the Registrar;
- Develop policies and guidelines on Monopolies and Cartels in the EAC;
- Investigate/monitor anti-competitive trade or
restrictive business practices that have the effect of prevention,
restriction and distortion of competition in the EAC;
- Carry out market research, assessments, analysis in identified sectors in a liaison with the Research Policy and Advocacy Unit;
- Proactively develop competition assessment operational guidelines and procedures in line with international best practices;
- Compile and submit investigation reports and case recommendations to the Registrar;
- Submit performance reports to the Registrar of the Authority;
- Develop a pragmatic directorate strategic vision, objectives and strategies to feed into the corporate strategic plan;
- Prepare Directorate budgets and programs; and,
- Performance of all such related duties as may be assigned by the Registrar.
post-qualifying experience in competition matters, 5 of which should be
at managerial level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the EAC economic integration agenda;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence multi-stakeholder processes;
- Excellent analytical skills particularly in interpreting, using, analysing and presenting data and evidence;
- Accurate or intelligent or other demonstrable
knowledge in competition, industrial organisation or industry
structures in any of the countries in the Common Market.
following attributes: shapes strategic thinking, achieves results, team
player, exemplifies personal drive and integrity, cultivates productive
working relationships, communicates effectively.
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int