|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at EAC Competition Authority (EACA):
Registrar, the Deputy Registrar Mergers and Acquisitions shall perform
the following functions:
- Manage the operations of the Directorate in liaison with the Registrar;
- Develop policies and guidelines on Mergers and Concentrations in the EAC;
- Establish and operationalize the EAC Competition Network which shall
be responsible for coordination and consultation with national
Competition Authorities in assessment of mergers;
- Assess notified and identified mergers as provided for under the EAC
Competition Law giving due regard to the best international practices;
- Assess notified and identified state aid applications as provided
for under the EAC Competition Law giving due regard to the best
- Assist Partner States in establishing effective merger control regimes at the National level;
- Compile and submit investigation reports and case recommendations to the Registrar;
- Develop a ‘user friendly’ merger notification procedure and filing system at the Authority;
- Develop and implement subsidiary rules relating to the Merger
Notification and Filing procedures i.e. notification Forms, lodgement
schedules, fees payable, etc;
- Develop the ‘office practice’ of the Authority in the assessment of
mergers and guidelines, operational manual and procedures in accordance
with the provisions of the Law;
- Educate the public on the merger provisions of the Regulations as
well as draft relevant publications for public dissemination and advise
the Registrar of the Authority on possible courses of action after a
market study is concluded;
- Fostering multilateral cooperation in cross-border merger review among Partner States;
- Network with regional and international merger enforcement agencies
and keep an update on latest developments and facilitate the Authority’s
participation in key merger market analysis regional and international
- Submit performance reports to the Registrar;
- Develop a pragmatic department strategic vision, objectives and strategies to feed into the corporate strategic plan;
- Prepare departmental budgets and programs; and,
- Performance of all such related duties as may be assigned by the Registrar
least a Masters) in Economics, Law. Qualifications in Marketing,
Business Administration, Public administration disciplines will be an
post-qualifying experience in competition matters, 5 of which should be
at managerial level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the EAC economic integration agenda.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence multi-stakeholder processes;
- Excellent analytical skills particularly in interpreting, using, analyzing and presenting data and evidence;
- Accurate or intelligent or other demonstrable knowledge in
competition, industrial organization or industry structures in any of
the countries in the Common Market
following attributes: strategic thinking, achieves results, team player,
exemplifies personal drive and integrity, cultivates productive working
relationships, communicates effectively.
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int