|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC):
Office: Office of Deputy Executive Secretary
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Duty Station : Kisumu, Kenya
the execution of the work of Commission in accordance with the policy
and decisions of the Sectoral Council of Ministers for Lake Victoria
- Deputize the Executive Secretary in providing oversight role of
coordinating LVBC activities including projects management, financial
management and administration;
- Initiate and coordinate the process of harmonization of policies,
laws, regulations and standards with specific relevance to the
sustainable development of Lake Victoria Basin;
- Provide guidance on the development and implementation of Sectoral
projects and programmes in the Basin in line with vision and strategy
framework for management and development of Lake Victoria Basin;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of systems for
monitoring, evaluation and compliance with agreed policies and actions
by Partner States and other stakeholders;
- Analyse reports from Partner States’ institutions on their
activities relating to the management of the Basin as specified in the
Protocol and guide on the required follow up initiatives.
- Coordinate the involvement of the Commission in Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEA’s) and projects thereof in liaison;
- Promote coordinated engagement and participation of the civil
society organizations and the Private Sector in the sustainable
development initiatives in the Lake Basin;
- Promote capacity building, institutional development and research in the Basin;
- Liaise with the National Focal Points in the Partner States for coordinated implementation of projects and programmes;
- In liaison with the Executive Secretary develop Sustainable Funding Mechanisms for facilitating development in the basin.
- Make follow up on contributions of Partner States from EAC Secretariat
- Provide guidance in the process of preparation of annual work plans
and budgets for the commission, including plans and strategies to ensure
harmonious implementation of projects/ programs.
- Ensure overall consistencies, synergies and quality in Projects and Programmes implementation and high performance level;
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Sectoral Council of
Ministers and take appropriate follow-up actions as decided/directed by
the Sectoral Council;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
- A Master’s University Degree in Environmental Sciences/Environmental
Engineering, Natural Resources Management, Business Administration,
Financial Management or related field
- Relevant qualification related to projects/ program development and management
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, of which 8 years should be at Senior Level;
organization dealing with global environmental issues and projects
development and management is an added advantage;
- Ability in managing Programmes and Projects;
- Knowledge in Resources Mobilisation, financing agreement negotiation and management;
- Knowledge and skills in financial management
- Strong management, administrative and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/diverse environment; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Rwanda, South Sudan and United Republic of Tanzania are eligible to
apply for the above position.
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int