|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC):
Office: Office of Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance and Administration)
Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance and Administration)
Duty Station : Kisumu, Kenya
- Plan, direct and manage Information Technology Systems for the Commission;
- Co-ordinate implementation and training of Staff on the ICT;
- Oversee the updates of the Commission’s ICT systems and its security;
- Facilitate and manage the process of development, improvement and administration of LVBC website and the LVB Resource Center;
- Develop appropriate training programmes, database security, back-ups, disaster recovery procedures and database standards;
- Schedule installation of new hardware and software to minimize impact;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology Systems, Computer Science, Systems/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of ICT.
- Communication, troubleshooting, analytical, networking, and report writing skills;
- Excellent computer analytical skills;
- Good communication and report writing skills; ability handle basic IT trouble-shooting activities.
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int