|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at EAC Competition Authority (EACA):
- Manage the Executive office and provide secretarial services and ensure security of Office and information;
- Provide administrative support for official
travel arrangement, including itinerary, clearance, tickets and other
necessary documents for the Office;
- Arrange for timely requisition of Office supplies and stores;
- Facilitate information sharing between various offices and Directorates and stakeholders;
- Prepare high quality briefing materials for meeting and appointments an taking minutes and dictation;
- Receive, attend to and direct customers/visitors appropriately;
- Manage and update Office diary, draft
responses to correspondences and arrange for appointment and meetings as
agreed with the Registrar;
- Maintain good customer relations with employees, customer and the general public;
- Arrange appointments and meetings as
appropriate, including arranging agendas and programmes for meetings and
make follow-up on deadlines, commitment made and action taken;
- Create and maintain appropriate record and filing sub-system for the Office;
- Respond to/direct Incoming/outgoing calls/mails;
- Transcribe and draft official correspondences and memoranda etc.;
- Recommend appropriate system for streamlining office operation;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Studies, Office Management or a related discipline. 8 years of
experience in a busy office environment at a senior level. Knowledge in
records management and bookkeeping is essential.
minimum 5 years experience managing an Executive Office. Also, skills in
typing of at least 50wpm and shorthand 120wpm are necessary.
Skills and Competencie
good command of English and Kiswahili, outgoing, interpersonal and be
customer-oriented. She should be a team-player, proficient in the use of
computer packages and able to withstand pressure.
Eligibility for applications:
Terms and Conditions of Service:
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
Relevant Working Experience:
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int