|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC):
ACCOUNTANT (1 post)
Reports to : Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance & Administration)
Station : LVBC Secretariat Headquarters – Kisumu, Kenya
Main purpose of the Job:
collaboration with the Senior Accountant, the main purpose of the
position is to administer and manage all financial aspects of the
Commission including preparation and control of the budget,
documentation of all receipts and payments, assets and liabilities and
safe custody of security documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with Senior Accountant, formulate policies, strategies and procedures on financial administration and management;
- Advise management on the status and use of monthly and annual accounts;
- Guide budget preparations and discussions;
- In liaison with the Senior Accountant and other relevant Officers, settle bills and make relevant payments;
- Assist other Officers to review and revise their programme and project budgets where necessary;
- Prepare final accounts for submission to the external auditors in accordance with the existing Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Train other Accounts staff at a lower level;
- Actively participate in the annual audit exercise;
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Commission;
- Replace the Senior Accountant while absent;
- Perform any other work as may be assigned to by the Executive Secretary or Deputy Executive Secretary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate with Bachelors degree in Accounting / Business Administration / Commerce or Economics from a recognized University;
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA, CA, ACA, ACMA or equivalent Institution;
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in Accountant position;
- Member of accounting bodies would be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge in the use of computers, and in particular, knowledge of Accounting Soft wares like the “Sun-System” a must ;
- Ability to work in a team with good communication skills;
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity, good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be result oriented, with strong analytical, organization and decision-making skills.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int