|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Kiswahili Commission below:
Reports to: Council of Ministers through the Commission
Organ/Institution: East African Kiswahili Commission
Duty Station: Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania
Executive and Accounting Officer of the Kiswahili Commission. The main
purpose of the job is to promote and coordinate the development and
usage of Kiswahili for regional unity and sustainable socio- economic
development in EAC Partner States
- Responsible for the overall management of the Commission in fulfilling its mandate as provided for in the Protocol;
- Coordinate policy formulation on sustainable development and management of the Kiswahili;
- Coordinate Resource Mobilization for the various Programs and Projects of the Commission
- Initiate and oversee the implementation of the strategic framework;
- Coordinate and implement of Partnership Agreements between the Commission and Development partners;
- Prepare and harmonize EAC positions on Kiswahili;
- Develop work plans, budgets and monitor Programmes for the work of the Commission;
- Promote operational linkages with other similar regional and international agencies and Institutions;
- Initiate studies and research related to the implementation of programs for the Commission;
- Jointly with Deputy Executive Secretary
Finance and Administration provide guidance and technical support to the
Sectoral Council of Ministers and take appropriate follow up actions as
decided or directed by the Sectoral Council;
- Promote a positive corporate image of the East African Community in general and the Kiswahili Commission in particular;
- Perform other related duties as prescribed in the protocol that assigned by the Council.
- Masters’ degree in Arts (Linguistics) or equivalent qualification from a recognised university.
- Minimum 15 years experience in academic or linguistic research
fields with eight (8) of which should be at senior managerial level.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills;
- Very strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated research and publishing ability;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) in Kiswahili and English;
- Demonstrated experience in networking, and building and sustaining strategic partnerships High level negotiation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- High level proficiency Kiswahili language
Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Sudan are eligible to apply
for the above position.
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int