|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Community Legislative Assembly (EALA):
Department: Office of the Deputy Clerk
Organ: East African Legislative Assembly (EALA)
Reports to: The Clerk
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
- Deputise for the Clerk
- Assist in drawing up Orders for Business, Agenda and order Paper for
the Sittings of the Assembly and send copies to each Member of the
- Assist in preparing the strategic programme of activities, budget,
policy decisions and coordinate the general functioning of the assembly;
- Transmit and distribute documents and records of proceedings, and
prepare all sectoral documentation and facilitation of Members of the
- Participate in the selection, recruitment and induction, placement and training of EALA staff;
- Assist in transmitting to the Clerks of National Assemblies of
Partner States, and to the Secretary General, copies of Bills, Acts and
all records of relevant debates of meetings of the Assembly for
- Assist in planning the programme of activities for implementation of
policy decisions as well as coordinating the general functioning of the
- Responsible for the day to day administrative and procedural affairs of the Assembly;
- Carry out follow up action on Committee and Assembly decisions and other administrative and financial matters;
- Carry out research on different subjects relevant to Committees’ mandate and produce reports for Members of Committees;
- Provide technical support to Members when preparing Private Bills, Motions and Petitions;
- Serve as Head Clerk at the Table when the Assembly is in session; and
- Ensure preparation and production of annual reports of the assembly.
- A Masters Degree in Public
Administration, Law, Social Sciences or a related field with specialized
training in Parliamentary procedures.
- 10 years of relevant experience with at
least 5 years at senior level. Should have served in a Parliamentary
setting at a rank not lower than Principal Clerk Assistant.
including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a
medical scheme, and insurance cover.
recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their
respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and
internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that
require registration with the specific professional bodies will be
expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their
respective Partner States.
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
How to Apply:
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int