|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Court of Justice (EACJ):
Organ: East African Court of Justice
Job reports to: Registrar/East African Court of Justice
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Administration, plan, manage, coordinate and implement policy decisions
in relation to the East African Court of Justice.
- Facilitate Judicial Administration;
- Develop and facilitate implementation of Court process services procedures;
- Maintain judgment Register and ensure compilation and circulation of judgments;
- Process matters requiring the official seal of the Court and issue hearing notices;
- Draft Court Orders from Rulings and Decrees
in accordance with the final decisions made by the Court and maintain
the register of Orders and Decrees given by the Court;
- Receive and verify pleadings and ensure that they are presented in accordance with the Rules of the Court;
- Tax bills of costs and ensure execution of Orders;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Registrar.
- Masters in Law (LLM) from a recognized University;
- At least 10 years of experience in the management of Court functions, five (5) of which should be at senior management level.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good Research and Report Writing Skills;
- Effective administrative ability as well as proficiency in the use of
fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance,
education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national
accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is
applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to
do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int