|East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Community-Secretariat (EACS):
SENIOR BUDGET OFFICER
Current scale/Grade: P2
Job reports to: Director Finance
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Community’s budget preparations, administer and manage all aspects of
the budget functions Including examining the budget estimates or
proposals for accuracy, precision, and completeness during the budgeting
process; ensuring conformity with financial procedures, policies and
organizational objectives during the implementation process; and
preparation of timely management accounting reports for management
- Plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, assign, and evaluate the work of the Budget Office;
- Develop, write, coordinate, and provide initial implementation, and
evaluation of long-range capital, financial and budgetary policies and
procedures to influence EAC behavior and encourage fiscal
- Consolidation of the cost centers budget proposals to the management;
- Participate in consultations with General Purpose Committee of EAC Assembly on the proposals;
- Develop and maintain database, including the creation of links to
obtain Information from spreadsheets, financial and account information,
and SUN databases; development and maintenance for capital project
reporting and coordinating, and spreadsheet application development and
maintenance to provide timely, accurate, and essential information for
financial decision making and creation of the budget document;
- Carry out the mid-year review of the EAC budget every January;
- Hold meetings for discussing the status of the budget with budget implementers.
- Advice on the possibility of budget flexibility when need arise;
- Participate in the Sectoral, EAC investment activities, resource mobilization, Council and Summit meetings;
- Work closely with, department heads, and other professional staff
within the Community in the development of the budget, Capital
Improvement Plan, and other financial reports;
- Acts as a liaison to other Community Offices and Directorates,
administers and participates In special projects relating to ongoing
Community-wide issues and programs; coordinates or conduct activities
with other Community Offices, directorates and departments;
- Monitor funding sources, agency expenditures and allotments while
ensuring compliance with legislative intent, accounting regulations, and
audit compliance principles;
- Perform duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
degree in Economics, Economic Policy and Planning, Economic Policy
Management or a related field. He/she must be Certified Public
Accountant (final certificate) . 8 years of experience with 3 years at
Senior level. Knowledge of MTEF processes is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
and Accounting Conventions, Knowledge of applicable legal framework
(Donor requirements), Knowledge of ISA and International Audit
requirements, management and governance skills, Knowledge of use of
automated accounting and information management systems .
- Ability for Planning and organization, Diversity management and Leadership
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Director Finance, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to work as a team leader and to motivate others; and
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on the set deadlines.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits
including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a
medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are
recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their
respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and
internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that
require registration with the specific professional bodies will be
expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their
respective Partner States.
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
How to Apply:
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
Website : www.eac.int