|The East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments. To support the attainment of the above mission, the East African Community and EU Regional Office in Tanzania under the 11th EDF, mobilized a grant of EURO 4,562,338 to support EAC’s Joint Response to Regional and Cross-Border Security Threats. Part of the grant will be used to support the salaries of staff.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at The East African Community (EAC):
Organ : EAC Secretariat
Reports to : Secretary General
Station : Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
Coordination of the implementation of EAC Joint Response to Combating Regional and Cross Border Security Threats Project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to EU Procedures in project implementation
- Oversight over the financial performance of the Project and regular submission of financial reports as may be required
- Supervision and oversight of project staff
- Ensure respect of timelines in project implementation
- Ensure communication and engagement of all stakeholders in project implementation
- Liaison with complementary security sector EU funded Projects covering the Region
- Timely compilation and submission of project biannual reports
- Liaison with INTERPOL on the implementation of the INTERPOL component
- Preparation of annual budget and program of work
- Liaison with the EU delegation through the EAC /EU liason office on project implementation issues.
- Preparation and submission of Report to the EAC Secretariat and Policy Organs
- Preparation and submission of mandatory Reports to various regional and international organizations on specific areas
and co-ordinate, monitor implementation of and follow-up on
resolutions, decisions, directives and recommendations of the Steering
- Oversee the implementation of the visibility strategy
- Representation and communication of the project outputs and outcomes in relevant forums
- Custody and overall responsibility over project assets
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Secretary General
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,449 POSTS)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Project Management/Social Sciences/Law
- Post Graduate Qualifications in any area of Peace And Security
- EDF compliant-been trained in application of EDF procedures
- 10 years of relevant working experience which 5 years should be at senior level
Skills and competencies:
- Team Work, Leadership, Results Oriented, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Judgment/Decision Making, etc
- Team player, guide, time bound, tolerant and good communicator both oral and written
- Command of English language and report writing skills, Result oriented, Conflict management
- Skills, Culturally, religiously and gender sensitive, Time conscious and Ready to accept
- Responsibility, Able to meet deadlines under pressure
compliant. Should have financial/Project management skills. Must have
in-depth knowledge of the EAC integration process, Peace and Security
imperatives and the links with the EU, other RECs and the Africa Union.
Knowledge of Regional Security Dynamics
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of 2 years and 8 months.
This project position offers salary and other attractive fringe benefits as per the project agreement.
candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the
relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State.
This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained
All professions that require registration with
specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with
such requirements .
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int