|The East African Community (EAC)|
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional
intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the
Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in
EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and
cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of
East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production,
trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity
for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of
East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at East African Court of Justice. (EACJ):
PERSONAL SECRETARY (1 post)
Organ : East African Court of Justice
Reports to : Registrar
Main Purpose of the Job:
To manage the office and on the basis thereof provide efficient administrative and secretarial services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Office, provide secretarial services and ensure Security and safety of Office and Information.
- Provide administrative support including travel.
- Arrange for timely requisition of office supplies and stores.
- Facilitate information sharing between various directorates and departments.
- Prepare briefing materials for meetings and appointments and taking minutes and dictation.
- Receive, attend to and direct customers/visitors appropriately.
- Manage and update office diary, draft responses to correspondences and arrange for appointment and meetings.
- Maintain good customer relations with employees customers and general public.
- Create and maintain appropriate record and filing sub-systems for the Office.
- Handle incoming/outgoing calls and liaise with the Registry in respect to incoming and outgoing correspondences; and
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Community.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent level in Secretarial training plus eight
- (8) years relevant experience in a busy office environment.
- Working experience in an International/Regional Organization will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competences:
office management skills; good computer skills, good communication
skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, good
public relations and customer care skills.
Eligibility for applications:
applicants from the Republic of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan
and Uganda are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing
allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme,
and insurance cover.
candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the
relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State.
This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained
All professions that require registration with
specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with
such requirements .
employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to
apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified
academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport
in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference
number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Please note that EAC does not require
candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for
interviews will be done in writing.
all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates
(certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective
Partner States) and employment records.
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int