NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI BRAC TANZANIA 2021
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having ajira
extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world
free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone
has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated
model to change systems of inequity through social development
programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially
responsible investments, and a university. We are a global leader in
developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflictprone
and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for
the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14
countries across Asia and Africa.
for Young Children in Tanzania’, aims to catalyze the ECD (Early
Childhood Development) private sector in Tanzania, by developing a ‘Hub
& Spoke’ business model for the provision of low-cost, high quality
and scalable play-based ECD – improving the cognitive, physical,
socio-emotional and language development of children aged 3-5 from
low-income families in Dar-Es-Salaam.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Job Location: DSM, TANZANIA
Job Title: Childcare Giver
Childcare giver will provide play learning facilitation and supervision
to Day Care Center designated for him/her in ECD-BRAC Enterprise
Program in liaison with other program staff to ensure that the program’s
objectives and results are achieved according to the agreed standards
and will be accountable for daily children’s performance, supervision,
and the quality of the center on ensuring equitable learning and
outcomes for the children.
- Providing care for children aged three to five years.
play learning activities that encourage physical, cognitive,
socialemotional and language development of each child regarding the
play-based curriculum play activities.
- Utilizing available resources effectively to provide an educationally sound program.
the program to the needs of the individual child with concern for
his/her interests, special need, talents, and individual style and pace
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline as needed.
- Preparing children for pre-primary education.
- Providing updates to parents on children’s behavior and progress.
- Answering parent inquiries.
- Comfort’s children who are homesick or upset.
- Appropriately supervising children while keeping them safe at all the times.
- Observing and monitoring learning, play and other activities.
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
with other professional staff members to plan and implement activities
that carry out the philosophy of the school and accepted early childhood
- Being respectful and cooperative as a member of a team of professionals.
- Helping each child to become aware of his/her role as an integral member of a group.
- Considering the individual child in relationship to his/her cultural and socioeconomic background.
- Establishing a positive relationship with parents of the children in the center.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
a physical environment indoor and outdoor that is inviting and
conducive to learning and which lends itself to the teaching of
developmentally appropriate activities.
- Being responsible for
ensuring a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning, fun, and
positive interaction between children.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for each child.
- Promote and ensure child rights-based programming at the center and office level.
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including child protection policy.
- Ensuring mandatory reporting of child abuse cases in ECD Social Enterprise Program operation.
- Promote and facilitate child rights and gender inclusion based on ECD Social Enterprise programs.
- Ensuring Child Protection Committee at day care center is fully functional.
records on individual children, including daily observations and
information about activities, meals served, and medications
- Keeping accurate attendance records.
- Keeping the records of learning and play materials received.
- Certificate of Childcare from any college recognized by the Ministry of Health,
- Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDEC) Tanzania
Diploma or bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. Additional
certifications or training in Early Childhood Development will be an
- At least 1-2 years’ practical experience
teaching in early years. Have soft skills like teamwork, communication,
- Demonstrates patience and compassion.
- Exhibits traits of a responsible and attentive person.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Possesses knowledge of proper childcare techniques and early childhood development theory.
- Can apply childhood development theory to everyday activities and curricula.
- Possesses strong listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with young children.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills.
- Can think and act quickly on a crisis.
- Possesses knowledge of basic first aid and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits ability to think creatively and innovatively when facilitating activities.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Possesses physical and mental stamina required to oversee young children daily.
How to apply:
you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position,
please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and certificates through
the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Child Care Giver”
The application deadline is 30.5.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms
of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace.