CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Client Operation Manager-Export
Dar , Tanzania | Posted on 05/05/2021
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES DETAILS
- Manage the team (N-1)
- Inform direct report of the entity strategy/ evolutions and communicate on required alignments
- Assess the performance of N-1
- Develop & maintain the competencies
- Ensure a smooth transfer of files/issues when change of N-1
- Ensure the correct application of induction program for newcomers
- Apply leave management policy
- Manage the operational relationship with the client
- Receive the transit orders from the client (tariffs already validated through a quotation). In case of new business (new or existing client), a new signed quotation must be issued by Front office in accordance with guidelines provided by HOD/DILS
- Alert the client in case of operational issue (potential or real) and provide solutions
- Provide support to credit control in case of cash collection issue
- Arrange and attend monthly evaluation meeting with the client
- Manage Operations
- Ensure that the agreed SOPs are applied at each step of the business proces
- Allocate the files to be processed to CSO and follow up on file progress and client updates
- Anticipate challenges in the process and provide solutions
- Provide support to CSO on operational challenges
- Minimise service failures with frequent follow-up
- Manage file processing
- Validate the opened file before process begins (for clients exceeding their credit conditions, escalate to N+1 for validation)
- Check the file processing progress and ensure that the different process steps are well done from a physical point of view (documentation) or electronic one (step update capture in SPOT)
- Archive regularly the files (physically & electronically, once a month at least)
- Implement all necessary actions to improve quality of processing (process, request for additional resource, computers…)
- Control quality of job files.
- Ensure that operations are performed in respect with gross margin & disbursements anticipated when quotation has been issued
- Know and understand the detail of each client quotation related to operations in progress.
- Perform the operations in respect to quotation validated by the client.
- Approve the supplier’s invoices (value and service provided), allocate onto the correct file and present to N+1 for validation.
- Prepare draft client invoices and corresponding attachments (must fit with quotation) for validation by N+1.
- Check and approve the disbursements of each file.
- Alert/Inform N+1 when quotation is not compliant with operations to be performed.
- Approve Internal LPO before despatch to the CFS Operations Manager.
- Alert/Inform Management
- Alert N+1 in case of significant operational issue (impact on quality of service, invoicing, sensitive client…)
- Inform N+1 and Front office of all quotation non-compliant with export goals (gross margin, turnover, feasibility…)
- Identify & work on the issues raised during the file processing.
IN CASE OF VACATION
To be arranged within the team
TARGETS AND GOALS
95% target on Quality of service KPI (including Client’s KPI)
100% target on GM and OR for allocated customers
No rollovers from the initial booking
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED
Ability to work to tight deadlines
Ability to drive a team to work to a common goal.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
At least 5 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding
Al least 5 years’ experience in managing a team of two or more
Good knowledge of export customs clearance processes.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Good use of email
Excellent communicator both verbal and written