Position: Cyber Security Demand & Delivery Manager
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities
This role is responsible for effective, efficient and careful planning of Vodacom Tanzania cyber security projects and operations, to ensure very minimal business operations. This includes identification of security needs (demands), coordinating delivery of the needs and ensuring security operations are running as designed. Capacity growth and trends, management reports and presentations are also key responsibilities of this role.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Impact on the business
- Own demand planning and forecasting for Technology security, for all systems, services and processes within the portfolio, working together with vendors and internal customers
- Coordinate delivery and assessment of cyber security baselines (CSBs) across all Vodacom relevant business areas and processes
- Perform internal controls self-assessment (CSAs) to validate compliance to security policies, such as user access management, information security and Technology security policies.
- Ensure adequacy coverage of Security tooling across technologies.
- Lead security implementation within emerging technologies, including Infrastructure, IOT, Cloud and Office IT Security
Customers, supplier and third parties
- Monitor compliance of the Technology security managed services contract, to ensure it is within agreed SLA
- Ensure proper implementation and change management process compliance for all planned and emergency changes in Technology systems
Leadership and teamwork
- Monitor and minimize licenses utilization charges as a result of excess usage of un-needed services
- Owner of the Technology Security Incidents, Requests, Changes and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated Technology security systems
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Technology security service performance. This includes management KPIs reports and SLA reports
- Continuous improve and Ensure proper validation, timely completion and accuracy of audit checklists and user access rights review for Technology areas.
Innovation and change
- Delivery of Technology security services and operations to ensure operational metrics are optimized
- Drive continuous improvement through simplification of key cyber security processes
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Make recommendations for Technology security service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Responsible for chairing and driving Management and/or Technical conference calls and discussions, and escalations, related to cyber Prevent, defence and delivery
- Ensure licenses and support renewals for all security products are performed well in advance of expiry, to avoid service interruptions
- Perform any other task that may be assigned to him/her from Cyber Security management
Qualifications, Competences & Experience
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Telecommunications, Information/Cyber Security, Information technology or Computer Science
- Security certifications (CEH, GCIA, CISM, CISA, CISSP or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five experience in Technology Systems three of those in security and/or Cyber security field
- Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures, IT systems, networks and applications.
- A reputation for self-motivation, integrity, cultural sensitivity and strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- High level negotiation skills;
- Extensive computer user knowledge and skills essential
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Good business acumen
- Project Management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Risk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.