|Helen Keller International (HKI)
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Helen Keller International (HKI) – Tanzania 2021
Helen Keller International Jobs May, 202
in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding trustee, Helen Keller
International works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable
and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, Helen Keller Intl
currently conducts programs in 20 countries in Africa and Asia as well
as in the United States. Helen Keller Intl is known for sustainability,
reliability, efficiency and the highest level of technical expertise in
fighting and treating blindness and malnutrition.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
in 1984, the Helen Keller Intl – Tanzania office was the organization’s
first in Africa set up to provide primary eye care services in central
Tanzania. Helen Keller Intl has since expanded its role and currently
works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development,
Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Local Government Authorities
(LGAs) local NGOs, and other national and international development
partners in the areas of nutrition and neglected tropical diseases
(NTDs), particularly trachoma elimination.
Program Assistant – Trachoma Surgical Outreach
Scope of the Position:
Keller Intl Tanzania is an Implementing Partner in the trachoma
programs supported by Sightsavers International. Through these programs
we support district-level teams to conduct trachomatous trichiasis (TT)
case finding and surgery in several districts in rural Tanzania. Helen
Keller Intl is seeking Program Assistants interested in conducting field
outreach and in program implementation who will support the planning
and implementation of TT surgical camps in several regions and districts
Position Title: Program Assistant, TT Surgical
Department: NTD Programs (TT Surgical)
Duty Station: Various
Reports to: Program Manager, TT Surgical
Direct reports: none
Duration: 13 months (June 1 2021 – June 30 2022)
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Assist the program manager to implement all activities for the
elimination of the TT case backlog in rural districts of Tanzania
including training and management of local Case Finders, managing
surgical outreach camps, procuring equipment and consumables, and
working closely with district surgical teams.
• Assist program
manager in conducting ongoing and accurate collection and analysis of
patient data in order to ensure that patients receive appropriate
follow-up care as well as in order to share with donors, inform future
efforts, and increase quality of services provided to the community.
Serve as liaison to ensure strong planning and communication between
district surgical teams, Helen Keller Intl staff, and district
• Compose field activity plans and reports, monthly and
quarterly updates, meeting minutes, fund reconciliations, PowerPoint
presentations, Excel statistical reports, and other required
documentation as required by Helen Keller Intl.
Helen Keller International April, 2021
Work with Helen Keller Intl and NTDCP teams to identify challenges to
achieving the goal of trachoma elimination by 2030 and develop and
implement solutions to overcome those challenges.
• Perform any other duties as directed by Program Manager.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,475 POSTS)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
Must possess a degree or diploma in a relevant field plus at least one
(1) year of work experience in field-based health work in rural
Tanzania, OR a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the same.
• Experience working with Community Health Workers (CHWs) and Local Government Authorities (LGAs) is required.
• Applicants with experience in running Trachoma case finders’ trainings and outreach camps will be an added advantage
• Technical skills in NTDs, trachoma, or TT surgery planning are strongly preferred.
• Experience in hygiene and sanitation/environmental health is an added advantage.
• Must be willing to live and work full-time in rural districts of Tanzania, with frequent visits to remote villages.
• Demonstration of strong program planning, organizational, and communication skills.
• Must be competent in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, etc.) and in use of email.
• Must be a Tanzanian national, fluent in Kiswahili and a working knowledge of English.
• Should be a strategic thinker, who possesses strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to Tz.email@example.com
noting the specific job title in the subject line. Applicants must
clearly describe their field-based health work experience in their cover
letter. Applications will be accepted until 18th May ,2021.
HELEN KELLER INTL:
– DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW, MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
– DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS
– DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY
Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce
where diversity of all types is fully valued
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no
bearing on the ability to perform the required job duties.
– We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request
an accommodation during the application or interview process, please
contact us at the email above.
DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL PDF FILE HERE!