VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: DRIVER/MESSENGER (AU ABC)
The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Capital City of Ethiopia.
In seeking to achieve this objective, the African Union intends to strengthen its capacity to deliver by, among others, the implementation of its organizational structure and the filling of all vacant posts.
Job title: Driver/Messenger
Post level: GSB7 (Step 1)
Department: African Union Advisory Board on Corruption (AU ABC)
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
To render transportation services within the city and surrounding areas
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain official vehicles in a clean and serviceable condition;
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires when necessary;
- Transport Officials of the Organization and visiting Personnel to and from all Diplomatic Missions and or/international Organizations and Government offices;
- Handle and distribution of documents/messages within office;
- Deliver official documents and check/or pick up and deliver light office equipment using official passenger motor vehicles, or light pickups trucks or vans;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE
- Official vehicles are maintained in a clean and serviceable condition;
- Log books for the movement of official vehicles, delivering of official documents are well maintained;
- Messages /Documents delivered to AU Organs in Arusha, Partners, etc.;
- Officials transported in a timely manner as
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Candidates must have a minimum School Leaving Certificate (“O” Level). A higher qualification will be an advantage;
- Holder of a valid Grade 4 and above Driving Licence;
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization;
Other relevant skills:
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and be proactive and initiative;
- Integrity, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energy;
- The ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environment;
- Good organization and planning skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions;
- Respect for confidentiality at all
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Knowledge of any or several other working Language(s) will be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months will be considered as a probationary period.
Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 6,935.00 per annum GSB 7 (Step 1) for locally recruited staff of the Commission.
To apply, please submit the following:
A letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the AU ABC;
A detailed and updated CV, indicating your nationality, age and gender;
Names and contact details (including email address) of three referees;
Certified copies of certificates, diplomas,
Applications should be submitted not later than May 11, 2021 and should be addressed to the postal address or email indicated below:
African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights
P.O. Box. 6274
Tel: +255 27 2970 430 /431/432/433/434
Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted
Candidates who previously applied for this position and are still interested need to