|CRDB Bank Plc|
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a
leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in
Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and
was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009.
the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and
preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a
robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the
most responsive bank in the region.
We are a collection of individuals who believe in excellence. We are
always on the look out for fresh talent and we hiring people who have
the drive to succeed and the will to implement the discipline required
to succeed. We focus on nurturing our team and providing our team with
an environment that is conductive to creative thought.
Career Opportunities: Senior Legal Officer (581)
Requisition ID 581
legal support to the operations of the CRDB Bank, with special emphasis
on litigation, contracts, advisory on regulatory, corporate and retail
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
and preparing non-credit contracts and documentation used by the Bank
in the business of providing banking services to its clients.
internal documents and policies to ensure they are drafted in
accordance with applicable legislation responsible for identifying legal
risks associated with the operations of the Institution and proposing
mechanisms for mitigating such risks.
- Assisting in the preparation and drafting of reports and communications to the regulator.
- Provide updates to the Head of Legal and or a person acting in that position on issues affecting operations of the Bank.
support to the Bank to ensure compliance by the Bank of its labour and
employment obligations as an employer of its staff, including
registering with local authorities and entering into employment
contracts drafted in accordance with local law and that protect the
interests of the Bank.
- Providing legal opinions based on local laws regarding various aspects of the operations of the Bank.
- Prepare court documents or and represent the Bank in courts of law.
- Assist in drafting legal demand letters to defaulting clients.
in the training of staff in all legal issues arising out of the CRDB
business and operations. These may include assisting them to identify
genuine securities, legal implications of illegal recoveries, fraud etc.
- Coordinate with external counsels on status of cases and report to Head of Legal.
resources and overseeing cases relating to litigation collection and
ensuring timely reporting on the cases and close follow-ups on fraud
prosecution handled by external lawyers
- Pursuing claims by the Bank as determined and defending the Bank against claims by third parties in Court.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Line Manager and coordinate weekly and monthly reporting.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Law from the recognized Higher learning institution.
- At least 4 years working experience with a strong background in Banking.
- Excellent knowledge of all types of legal matters related to the operations of the Bank.
- Strong litigation skills.
- Strong relationship building and diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication abilities in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively.
- Be able to work long hours.
- Risk management
and Analytical Skills: Must be able to conceptualize issues and analyse
proposals in detail to understand underlying issues.
- Ability to interpret Central Bank policies of financial regulations and implement them within Banks strategic plan.
- Ability to interpret the statutory requirements on all aspects of the Bank‘s operations.
- Ability to assess material evidence and advice on appropriate legal measures.
- Keeps abreast of legal issues that affect the Bank.
- Creative and analytical thinking to problem-solving.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
Deadline– 13th May 2021