|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC) 2021
WASH Specialist Kenya and Tanzania
Nairobi, Kenya and Tanzania
Job Identification 1404
Job Category Engineering
Locations Nairobi and Tanzania
Posting Date 04/20/2021, 12:39 PM
Job Schedule Full time
NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the
organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and
accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
1. Role and responsibilities
WASH strategy, technical SOPs, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC
Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in
coordination with other Core Competences
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
up on compliance with contractual commitments within WASH CC, ensure
high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
that key learnings are extracted from WASH CC implementation, and
incorporate them in WASH CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
the teams in developing systematic tools for day-to-day implementation,
ensuring compliance with established guidelines and standards. This
means developing/sharing guidelines, process related documents, tools,
clarifying minimum standards (NRC internal tool) and modalities.
on developing WASH monitoring tools to be used by the team to ensure
that relevant information is being collected to inform strategy and
implementation, and to ensure accountability and learning.
that the strategy is informed by sound analysis, with consultations
with teams and concerned stakeholders and that programmes strategies are
devised in promotion of NRC’s values, culture and beliefs. Lead on
research/studies, specifically about innovation.
- Ensure learning
from WASH programme is captured, consolidated and disseminated,
contributing to knowledge building and sharing within Yemen and globally
to influence policies and programme planning.
- Ensure sharing of best practices and capacity building among the team in Kibondo (Tanzania) and Kakuma (Kenya).
a proactive role in integrating WASH Core Competence strategy with
other Core Competence strategies (namely Food Security, Shelter,
Education and ICLA) to ensure maximum impact.
- Explore and develop strategic partnerships contributing to quality and scaling up of programmes.
- Ensure coordination with relevant WASH stakeholders including representation and effective networking.
5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or
Advisor of humanitarian WASH programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs
- Proven expertise in WASH with particular focus of complex programme
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to WASH.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strategic Thinking
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Initiating Action and Change
- Handling insecure environment
For more information, here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya and Kibondo, Tanzania.
Type of Contract: 12 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to Kenyan and Tanzanian Nationals Only!
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian
organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31
countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of
people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating
their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve
international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and
recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring
Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for
people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC
may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or
Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security
risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to
reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and
peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s
lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and
international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts
contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address
challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative
approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Apply Before 05/04/2021, 3:00 PM