North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit an UG Backfill Engineer (1) to join Underground Mining team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned engineering tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Senior UG Long-Term Planning Engineer. This is a permanent contract role.
- Coordinate between backfill plant and mining operations to meet a backfill schedule that satisfies the mine’s production requirements.
- Optimize availability and utilization of the backfilling system.
- Manage construction works for an incoming new backfill reticulation system.
- Draft scopes of work for capital projects required to upgrade the backfill reticulation system.
- Manage contractors and mine employees to implement the scopes of work.
- Interact with commercial team and suppliers to finalize tenders and contracts.
- Ensure safe backfilling of long-hole stopes.
- Design and implement drainage systems to manage water from backfilling.
- Complete stope filling notes and ensure filling is aligned with hydraulic filling models and requirements.
- Monitor the backfill quality and analyse the downtime trends to ensure consistent end-product at consistent placement rates.
- Optimize backfill strength and cement consumption.
- Initiate continuous improvement initiatives leading to cost saving opportunities whilst keeping abreast of new developments within the specialist field.
- Submit reports to designated management, which include QA/QC, equipment utilization, materials usage, and target achievements.
- Degree in Civil Engineering and must be registered as a mining or professional engineer.
- Having a valid blasting certificate as per Tanzania regulations and or act(s).
- Mine Overseers/Captain Certificate of Competency or the equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience working with mine backfill systems/construction environment.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office.
- Good understanding of Cemented Aggregate Fill and Paste backfill, as well as slurry transportation systems, Mixing designs and testworks.
- Knowledge of 3D Mine Design software and experience in project management will be advantageous.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic Mines Health & Safety Act.
- A good knowledge and recognition of building materials is essential.
- A full driving license.
- Good listener and team player.
- Methodical, organized and able to work on own initiative.
- The ability to provide an effective courteous service.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Good command of written and spoken English communication skills.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 1st April 2021.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment is a Scam