|Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania|
Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga
Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga
Khan Hospital. Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the
Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to
become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on
tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing
its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services
including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and
neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and
trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and
Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International
Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of
quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the
world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan
University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading
to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine. Internal Medicine and
Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and
accepts 60 interns annually.
Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are
located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an
integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from
primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position below:
incumbent will be responsible for purchasing the supplies/services on
time, at right place and right price and managing supplier development,
quality improvement and cost reduction in liaison with the suppliers and
- Ensure close and productive relationship with suppliers that minimize whole life costs (Total cost of Ownership).
and coordinate the procurement process of (Pharmaceutical items
category) to ensure internal customer satisfaction. It includes but not
limited to both stock and non-stock items and services.
- Effectively manage the procurement process and identify areas of improvement in contracts and supplier performance.
- Ensure pure transparency is maintained in all procurement processes.
for initiating the introduction of new products into the hospital
through the product/ technical evaluation teams/committee.
- Monitor and analyze actively to establish expenditure profiles, develop forecast and monitor performance.
the supply proactively to guarantee availability at all times,
incorporating contingencies. Participate in the planning process through
the generating of standard cost for budgetary purposes.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Materials management or its equivalent Must have registration with PSPTB.
- CIPS/NBMM qualification would be an added advantage.
years of professional working experience in material management,
minimum one year experience in hospital settings will be an added
- General knowledge of pharmaceutical is essential and Experience of pharmaceutical purchases will be an added advantage.
be able to work closely with the inventory controller to understand
consumption patterns and plan procurement process accordingly.
have a good knowledge of storage and handling requirements of
pharmaceutical products including but not limited to understanding of
cold chain items and high alert items.
- Knowledge of purchase order management system is essential.
- Teamwork and written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have good command on MS Office packages.
to work with diverse groups and commitment to advancing workplace
diversity. Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration.
- Openness, accessibility and visibility; approachable.
- Motivational and inspirational with a commitment to excellence.
- Sense of humor, strong confident style and enthusiastic disposition.
to be flexible in work habits and assigned tasks. Adaptable and
comfortable in less than fully structured environment.
- Focused and detail oriented.
- Highly organized and have excellent prioritization skills.
problem solving and decision making abilities to resolve challenges
quickly and creatively through appropriate courses of action.
- Customer Centered: Strive to attain a continual standard of 100% internal and external customer satisfaction in all areas.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Method of Application
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN
RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: 28TH MARCH, 2021.