IT systems Officer
Tanzania Chamber of commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) is a registered organization under the Companies Act Cap 212 as a Company limited by guarantee mandated to facilitate Private Sector Development in Tanzania by providing exceptional value to members and business community through the provision of demand driven advocacy, business Informediary, linkages, business development services and other relevant services in a more professional, resourceful and sustainable manner.
In fulfilling this mission and as part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective way, TCCIA is determined and embarks on acquiring, retaining and developing the talented, capable and highly qualified Manpower for TCCIA development and best services to the business community.
POSITION SUMMARY: IT SYSTEMS OFFICER
TCCIA seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized IT systems Officer (1 position) to join the Directorate of Research, Planning, Projects and ICT. The Incumbent will be responsible for development, maintenance and designs of the solutions/systems and ensure the designs are aligned to our Business, future technological, operational and strategic areas.To provide readily support for TCCIA process innovation strategy, and translate business requirements into systems qualities and repeatable design strategies and patterns that enables qualities and be responsible for enterprise application and integration including defining the opportunities for integration, selecting the tools, specifying the shared data and code resources.
REPORTING LINE: Project Coordinator
Location: TCCIA HQ Dar es salaam
Work Schedules: As per TCCIA regulations
Department: Information Technology
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance TCCIA
- Make recommendations on custom applications which run on SQL, MYSQL, oracle and Sybase databases.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of TCCIA existing systems, developed on JAVE, JAVE EE, PHP, and NET
- Engineer TCCA apps development and integration with TCCIA Systems
- Assist in managing and outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming
- Assist network application installation and testing
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements
- Analyse data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Provide programming for some in -house IT projects
- Provide data base administration in live and test environments
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Participate in weekly meetings with the IT and Project team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Project Coordinator
- Participate on IT-based project imitation and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development
- Creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units and assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Manage website maintenance and ensuring the website is updated
- Support all aspects of information systems security, by ensuring that they are
- To assist in the development and implementation of system policies, procedures, standards and controls to ensure data accuracy and security that they comply with the legal and regulatory
- Contribute to Risk (fraud) identification and mitigation methods by following Risk and ICT standards and practices for risk management.
- Recommend ICT cost reduction strategies by analyzing IT service cost
- Provide training to staff in use of network services, e-mail, internet, VoIP and other administrative
- To do any other job as may be assigned from time to time.
ACADEMIC AND PROFFESSIONAL EXPERINCE.
- Bachelor degree/Advanced diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology and Telecommunication Science or Engineering from any recognized University or
- Should have a minimum of three(3) years of technology experience with at least one year hands-on technical roles in systems design and developments
- Plausible knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms and enterprise software applications
- Good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL and MSQL, ORACLE, and Sybase
- Proven knowledge and experience in JAVA EE, JAVA SE, PHP, Microsoft .NET and HTML
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- At least Five (5) years of work related experience. Experience in Private, Vibrant Business Sector and NGOs will be an added advantage
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Completing tasks within
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills and working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
HOW TO APPLY
The position will attract a competitive salary package. Applicants are invited to submit only their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter addressed to the Executive Director (indicating the position title applied in the subject heading of the email) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic certificates shall be required at later stages. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Late applications will not be considered and Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
TCCIA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31st March 2021 (selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted).