Water Mission Tanzania (WMT), an affiliate of Water Mission International, is a nonprofit engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Established in Tanzania in 2013, WMT is growing and now numbers about 46 staff with offices in two locations, the main office in Dar es Salaam and a regional office in Kasulu, Kigoma Region. Our mission is to provide sustainable access to safe water.
WMT is seeking for a suitable candidate to fill in the position of Lead Engineer with strong Project Management skills to be based in Dar es salaam with frequent travels to the field. The person in this position must possess a heartfelt passion for our mission.
- Conduct engineering field work and design according to established engineering principles and standards to a high degree of excellence and dependable accuracy.
- Lead the technical team, oversight, review and assistance for technicians, volunteers, and other engineers to ensure quality of output and adherence to established standards.
- Promote, encourage, and model Water Mission’s mission, vision, and values to the technical team members.
- Help train and facilitate a culture of capacity building for team members.
- Perform Engineering tasks including water hydraulic design calculations, and development of plans, specifications, and structural drawings.
- Provide onsite project management in support of approved projects.
- Conduct field inspections and site assessments as needed to ensure that construction is in accordance with design and expectations.
- Champion and ensure that WMT QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards and procedures) is upheld by the technical team.
- Layout and design of water systems including source, pumping, treatment, storage and distribution.
- Ensure that all work, including that of the Lead Engineer, is reviewed by another engineer as designated by the Country Director.
- Perform assessments in communities, including water quality and quantity testing, survey measurements and other aspects as may be required.
- Timely Project reporting, including monthly report, Assessment report, follow up report with accompanied photographs as per specific assignment guideline.
- Provide disaster response support and work in other countries as needed.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualification & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering — Civil, Chemical, or Mechanical are preferred (Master’s degree desirable, but can be offset with quality experience).
- Experience of at least 5 to 10 years.
- Registration as a professional engineer in Tanzania.
- Driver’s license.
- Advanced skills with office computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and drafting and modeling programs (AutoCAD, EPANET, PowerCADD, SolidWorks, ProE).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English).
- Excellent analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills.
- A level of impeccable integrity and stewardship that demonstrates to those who invest in Water Mission Tanzania a sense of security and trust that their gifts are well used and invested.
- Must be standards and detail-oriented with ability to plan ahead.
- Should be willing to travel to remote places including occasional trips abroad.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should e-mail their application letters and attach a copy of current CV including daytime contact phone numbers; and names and contact information of three references. PLEASE SPECIFY THE NET SALARY YOU EXPECT.
E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th March 2021.
Please Title your e-mail: Application – Lead Engineer – Your name